Thread: Compiz + Titlebar + Mouse "Focus/Grabbing"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Exclamation Compiz + Titlebar + Mouse "Focus/Grabbing"

Hi,

Recently while using Compiz as my windows decorator I noticed that whenever I grab the titlebar of any window with my mouse maximized or restored after moving the window, for example across the screen, the mouse seems to drift away a few inches from the titlebar, although the mouse appears to still be grabbed onto the titlebar - I can still move the window but the mouse is inches away from the window's title bar, and if I keep moving the window soon enough the mouse will reach the edges of the screen, so then I have to let go of the window and move the window where to where I wanted to in the first place.

Also, if I try to move a window that's not maximized, I can't pull it up to the top taskbar - It gets to maybe 1.5 centimeters away from the taskbar then the mouse instantly jumps to the top of the screen, above the taskbar, and then the window flickers from touching the taskbar to back to 1.5 centimeters away, I have to move the mouse back down to keep this from happening.

This only recently started, I've been using compiz as my default windows decorator since I installed Ubuntu 9.10 and haven't had any problems with it like this. At first I thought it was a problem with the compiz setting "Snapping Windows" or "Mouse Position polling" but I customized the settings of both and it didn't help.

Sorry if the description it long/unclear. I can provide a video if needed.

Thank you.
    - Justin Reno
    Need an easy way to store files publicly or even privately without hassle over the internet to be accessed anywhere? Try Dropbox. Use this link to get an extra 250MB of storage!

Beans

Re: Compiz + Titlebar + Mouse "Focus/Grabbing"

What happens if you disable snapping windows and enable the wobbly windows plugin.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I already had Wobbly windows enabled and Snapping Windows. I disabled Snapping Windows like you instructed and compiz works fine now, no more mouse issues! Thank you.
    - Justin Reno
    Need an easy way to store files publicly or even privately without hassle over the internet to be accessed anywhere? Try Dropbox. Use this link to get an extra 250MB of storage!

Beans

Yes I had that problem.Normally you cant have both plugins activated at the same time.But for some reason they were both active.
    May have been caused by importing a saved profile.
    Last edited by stinkeye; June 21st, 2010 at 10:47 PM.