Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestions for GNuPG frontends?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Suggestions for GNuPG frontends?

rookcifer: What if you're sending an email through a browser on Yahoo! or one of the lesser-known web email accounts? FireGPG apparently used to be great but is now dead. With clipboard you simply type it into ANYTHING encrypt clipboard, then paste. What if you're like me and use Evolution, which has built-in GPG functions, but it sends the encrypted email immediately without letting you confirm visually that you've encrypted it. It's easy to forget that sometimes. This way, you encrypt the clipboard, then past into Evolution (or anything else) and THEN hit send, knowing for certain that your message is encrypted.

If you don't have a need for it, that's great. There are times, however, that some people find it useful.
    I'd rather die fighting lions than being trampled by geese.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by shawnboy View Post
    rookcifer: What if you're sending an email through a browser on Yahoo! or one of the lesser-known web email accounts?
    I use Gmail and I have it setup in Thunderbird so I don't have that problem.

Now, I don't think Yahoo allows you to use a third party client, so Thunderbird obviously wont work with it. If I were going to use Yahoo! or another similar service I would probably write my e-mail in Oo or Gedit and then encrypt it from the command line into ASCII armor format. From there you can merely cut and paste that into the e-mail.

Just do:

Code:
    gpg -ea my_email.txt
    Then cut and paste the output into Yahoo!.
    Occam's Razor for computers: Viruses must never be postulated without necessity -- nevius

My Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I'm not quite that proficient with CLI yet, at least not when it comes to GPG. It just seems easier and quicker to do it in a GUI with the clipboard. I found the applet that does it anyway, so we're all happy.
    I'd rather die fighting lions than being trampled by geese.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12