Thread: Rhythmbox sorting issue

Beans

Rhythmbox sorting issue

After upgrading to Lucid I noticed that the sorting in Rhythmbox got messed up. I have it set to sort in alphabetical order based off the album name, however for some reason two albums are at the top that shouldn't be there. Here is a picture of what I am experiencing:

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Rhythmbox sorting issue

There may be an invisible character at the beginning of the artist name, maybe a space?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Dngrsone View Post
    There may be an invisible character at the beginning of the artist name, maybe a space?
    That's what I thought at first, however even when I retype it the results are the same.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

There is a sort order, if you go to the song, right click, properties, the second tab should be "sorting"
    This is in Rhythmbox 0.12.8, I don't remember this in my previous version although I remember something about sort order when I ripped the CD.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by SoFl W View Post
    There is a sort order, if you go to the song, right click, properties, the second tab should be "sorting"
    This is in Rhythmbox 0.12.8, I don't remember this in my previous version although I remember something about sort order when I ripped the CD.
    Yes that seems to be the issue. I just checked and noticed that only those two albums have a number set as the order.

I attempted to remove the number however for some reason it wouldn't let me, so I set the album order on all songs to be zero, but now it looks like it's just random sorting somewhat based off both the artist and the album. Is there a way I can simply remove the sort order since setting it to zero did not work?

Beans

I noticed that what it is currently doing is sorting it based off the number in the file name, for example '01 - Come Together.mp3', and then by the album name. Can someone help me make it work the way it normally should, with sorting by the album name first and then the file name?
    Last edited by MrSlaggers; June 30th, 2010 at 11:29 PM.

Beans

Bump

Beans

I am still having this problem. I am unable to remove the sorting set under the song properties:

When I change it to nothing, it stays like that for about two seconds and I even see the song position change, but then it reverts back to what it was previously set as and the song goes back to where it was.

Beans

I was finally able to fix this issue. If anyone else comes across this problem, select all the songs in the library using Rhythymbox and set the sort fields to a space. After it is done changing all the song sort settings, closing and opening the program should make it so everything gets sorted correctly. If that is not the case, remove all the songs from your library and add them again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I wonder what's the principle of the 'sort order' tab? If I put a number on a track, will it sort the track relative to other tracks of the album/artist/genre, or relative to all tracks in library?