Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will Ubuntu be at LinuxWorld in Boston?

Beans
    Distro
    Edgy Eft Testing

Re: Will Ubuntu be at LinuxWorld in Boston?

What is apple doing there?

Im surprised that MS/linspire didnt show up thoough. I thought MS attended all these things.

However, it is good to see computer manufacturers with a booth(dell, hitachi, fujitsu, etc.). AMD has two and Intel has three.
    Help Ubuntu rise to the top! Join the Ubuntu Folding@Home Team

Apps loading too slowly? Prelink

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Do you think microsoft is making a serious effort?
    In this talk, Bill Hilf will walk through the research and analysis from Microsoft's Linux/Open Source labs around these issues.
    Ther are some heavy hitters arriving for this. Now I see why it is so much money to attend the seminars etc. If Linux is your business you have to be there. I'll just have to follow the age old addage when I go...It is better to keep your mouth shut and let everyone think your stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Didn't see your post, was typing. What is Apple doing there? Shouldn't they be at a BSD conference. Or are they trying to play both sides. Hey Windows people, Gates owns a piece of us and we have Intel chips. And then. Hey Linux people. Linux is making a real grass roots movement. Did you know we're based on BSD and BSD is Unixed based and Unix is the base for LInux. Our OS's are practically the same.

Beans
    Distro
    Edgy Eft Testing

But its linuxworld. Apple is very anti-linux and anti-opensource. The only reason they use so much OSS in their products is because they dont have enough developers/money to do it on their own.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by drizek
    But its linuxworld. Apple is very anti-linux and anti-opensource. The only reason they use so much OSS in their products is because they dont have enough developers/money to do it on their own.
    No clue as to why they're there...I suppose we'll find out

BTW-Intel's booth was pretty corny last year, but go to Sun's...they're probably showing off Looking Glass again, and their Thin Clients, which, are freaking gold for them...but only if they can drop the initial and continuing cost way down.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

It looks like they were there last year too. I was trying to find a statement from Apple about their attending and didn't find anything. But I found this review of the Expo in Boston last year.
    A strange company to see there was Apple Computers. I then thought to myself, Linux is a cousin of Apple due to Mac OS X using an open source kernel. Perhaps then Apple's attendance isnt so strange after all. We played with the new app "Pages" and the Mac Mini. The Apple displays must have had my drool on it, since the rendering of images on it was outstanding. VM Ware was a big deal to me. Seeing Windows XP run on it like it was native was just like magic. You had a chance to try a demo and even win a full version.
    I guess they have been attending. It's funny because when I went to Apple's main page and went to their listings of events, they didn't have the LinuxWorldExpo listed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Huh...I was there last year, but didn't see them...weird...

Beans
    Distro
    Edgy Eft Testing

Quote Originally Posted by endersshadow
    No clue as to why they're there...I suppose we'll find out

BTW-Intel's booth was pretty corny last year, but go to Sun's...they're probably showing off Looking Glass again, and their Thin Clients, which, are freaking gold for them...but only if they can drop the initial and continuing cost way down.
    Im in California

Beans
    Hidden!

i'm gonna be there next year... i was planning for it this year, but it conflicts with school =/
    So... a 1337 java programmer walks into a bar...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12