Thread: 2 problems with photoshop CS4 on wine

Beans

2 problems with photoshop CS4 on wine

Hello,

I have installed my photoshop cs4 with wine successfully. Now there are just 2 bugs i can't seem to find any solutions to:

1. When minimizing a canvas it disappears. This also happens if i minimize photoshop using the _ in right corner. I can make the canvases reappear by selecting: Window > Arrange > Consolidate all to tab.

2. I don't know if there has been made any progress on this subject, i know its old. How can i drag'n'drop images from ubuntu to photoshop?

Thanks.
    /jj

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: 2 problems with photoshop CS4 on wine

hi, which version of Wine? 1.2-rc3 is the most recent.

drag and drop is an ongoing effort.

Beans

How can i drag'n'drop images from ubuntu to photoshop?
    Not exactly what you wish but a couple of 'workarounds'

first is a r. click on image - load or open in ps, 2nd is a d&d launcher for desktop and or panel - works with ps not open or already opened.

Examples are for ps 7 - should be the same idea though. (or other progs

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...08#post9210008

Beans

I was looking for a possible solution to a problem I have running CS4 using wine on 9.04 when I came across this thread that looks recent enough to post to.

Most times during the course of using Photoshop (CS4) I have pop-up windows that do not go away and cover up any other app I am using not just photoshop.

So far the only thing I have been able to do is close Photoshop and start it again. A bit of a PITA so if anyone has any ideas or knows how I can close these Photoshop pop-up windows I would be very grateful.

cheers,
    tt

Beans

sorry for the bump, but I am just wondering if anyone else running CS4, or even Photoshop any variety has or is experiencing this problem as well?

cheers,
    tt