Thread: Why is Brasero still not fixed?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Why is Brasero still not fixed?

Brasero worked very well in 9.10, but in Lucid it fails to allow audio CD copying with an uninformative error message. This is not down to Brasero, apparently, but cdrdao. This bug has been reported since Lucid was in beta.

I am trying to persuade individuals and companies to adopt Open Source solutions in general and Ubuntu in particular, but I am finding it that much harder when an apparently simple bug with a known fix is not solved and implemented in a LTS release.

I know that cd copying is available from the command line and I am happy to do that. My customers will not be. Let's get this sorted!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Why is Brasero still not fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by timgood View Post
    Brasero worked very well in 9.10, but in Lucid it fails to allow audio CD copying with an uninformative error message. This is not down to Brasero, apparently, but cdrdao. This bug has been reported since Lucid was in beta.

I am trying to persuade individuals and companies to adopt Open Source solutions in general and Ubuntu in particular, but I am finding it that much harder when an apparently simple bug with a known fix is not solved and implemented in a LTS release.

I know that cd copying is available from the command line and I am happy to do that. My customers will not be. Let's get this sorted!
    Brasero is also unable to burn iso image, gnomebaker otoh works with everything so give that a try for now.
    The finding of unity in variety is really what we call knowledge..... Vivekananda.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ro/+bug/529696 There are a few dups of this too.
    Looks like a fix is in proposed.
    http://www.mail-archive.com/lucid-ch.../msg11172.html
    Last edited by philinux; June 15th, 2010 at 11:18 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by philinux View Post
    Looks like they've marked the fix as non-urgent - but I don't believe this is the fix for audio cd copying, but audio cd creation.

Renzo Bagnati has packaged a new version of Brasero and cdrdao which solves this problem, over 2 weeks ago. Why has the fix not been released?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Looks like they've marked the fix as non-urgent - but I don't believe this is the fix for audio cd copying, but audio cd creation.

Renzo Bagnati has packaged a new version of Brasero and cdrdao which solves this problem, over 2 weeks ago. Why has the fix not been released?
    It might be stuck in proposed.
    http://www.mail-archive.com/lucid-ch.../maillist.html