Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to run Cisco CCNA exploration in Ubuntu

Re: How to run Cisco CCNA exploration in Ubuntu

hi there,
    can someone tell me where to find course material to downlaod
    thanks
    You have to buy the course material. Downloading it would would be illegal since it is copyrighted, (unless you pay for it), and therefore a violation of the Ubuntu Code of Conduct, so please do not ask again. Thank you.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Beans

i didnt know that mate.i thought since packet tracer is free for download course material would be as well.
    thanks for reply
    Last edited by supergroove00; May 22nd, 2011 at 11:54 AM.

Beans

thanks A_M_S

Beans

hi .. i tried all the instructions.. but the button isn't functioning at all..

my installer in ccna is from windows..meaning its an .exe format.. i use wine so that i can install it on linux.. and i tried all the solution.. using flash global something someone mentioned it awhile ago..

arggg.. im stuck at this.. help me..

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I got the Cisco CCNA exploration exe files installed and working on my Ubuntu 11.10 Eee PC.

First Wine is needed. I installed wine 1.3 from the Ubuntu Software Centre.

Then to install the exploration material click on the exe as wine will associate with it. If it hasn't and Archive Manager tries to open it right-click on the exe file and choose

Open with -> Wine Windows Program Loader

Wine will install it to the hidden .wine folder in your home folder.

You can access it by opening the home folder and pressing ctrl-h to show hidden files. Then navigate to the Cisco folder

~/.wine/drive-c/CISCO-CCNA

In here you will see the folders of the installed material e.g. /Exploration1_English

In this sub-folder click on index.html

It will open in Firefox. At this point you will find the button "Launch Course" won't respond.

So you need to go to http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager04.html and check Always Allow.

You then need to add the location of the Cisco Exploration files to the trusted files list.
    From the drop-down list click on Add location and paste in the address of the Cisco folder.

e.g. /home/joseph/.wine/drive_c/CISCO_CCNA -add you user name to this address

Click on confirm and refresh the page to check that the change has stuck and it is still checked as Always Allow

Now when you choose a chapter from the list on the Exploration Index page it will open in a other window.

Job Done
    Last edited by JosephWheatley; October 19th, 2011 at 09:19 AM.
    Lubuntu 12.04 on Packard Bell BV EasyNote MZ35
    Debian 7.1 Wheezy on Asus EEE PC 1000h

Beans

Thanks A_M_S!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by A_M_S View Post
    Thank you for the replies.

I've already found the issue.

You have to access the global settings of flash player (right click on the flash image in the exploration index file)

Clink on the "Global Security Settings panel" link

Click on add location

Add the complete path to your local site.

You can see a partial screenshot of the "Global Security Settings panel" in the attachment.
    worked for me

thanks mate

Beans

Thanks man
    That was awesome
    But why adobe store our location????????

Beans

Wink Re: How to run Cisco CCNA exploration in Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by JosephWheatley View Post
    I got the Cisco CCNA exploration exe files installed and working on my Ubuntu 11.10 Eee PC.

First Wine is needed. I installed wine 1.3 from the Ubuntu Software Centre.

Then to install the exploration material click on the exe as wine will associate with it. If it hasn't and Archive Manager tries to open it right-click on the exe file and choose

Open with -> Wine Windows Program Loader

Wine will install it to the hidden .wine folder in your home folder.

You can access it by opening the home folder and pressing ctrl-h to show hidden files. Then navigate to the Cisco folder

~/.wine/drive-c/CISCO-CCNA

In here you will see the folders of the installed material e.g. /Exploration1_English

In this sub-folder click on index.html

It will open in Firefox. At this point you will find the button "Launch Course" won't respond.

So you need to go to http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager04.html and check Always Allow.

You then need to add the location of the Cisco Exploration files to the trusted files list.
    From the drop-down list click on Add location and paste in the address of the Cisco folder.

e.g. /home/joseph/.wine/drive_c/CISCO_CCNA -add you user name to this address

Click on confirm and refresh the page to check that the change has stuck and it is still checked as Always Allow

Now when you choose a chapter from the list on the Exploration Index page it will open in a other window.

Job Done
    thanks bro it works good now

Beans

Hi, I have Ubuntu 11.10 installed and I have exactly the same issue, the only problem is that I cant see any Global Security Settings panel when I right right click on the exploration index file, I have installed Flash player from Ubuntu software center, any ideas on what could be the problem???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast