Thread: User abusing forums by continually posting questions

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

User abusing forums by continually posting questions

There is a user that I continually see in the forums that I believe is abusing the forums by persistently and continually posting questions that could easily be answered by simple web searches.

This person has started 229 threads since 13th August 2009 and it seems to me will just not do anything at all for themselves preferring to have other Ubuntu forum users spoon-feed them on and ongoing basis.

What is the policy on this, I consider this amount of posts an obvious abuse of the forums.

If a forum moderator asks, I will provide the username of this person.
    Regards, David.
    Please use the Forum search and Wiki search for immediate help
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate
    New to technical forums?: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: User abusing forums by continually posting questions

Well, you really can not force people to use the search function and while a google search may benefit many, some people simply do not find search tools helpful.

To some extent the difference between the forums and wiki is the interaction , the questions and answers, the interaction is what make us what we are.

At the moment this user is not taxing our resources, so ...

Probably the best thing to do is ask you to move on to threads that do hold your interest. There are users here that, for whatever reason, I find I can not help either. They do recieve help from others and in general it all works out in the end.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface