Thread: Gwibber

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Gwibber

Could someone explain what this GWibber is about in the latest Ubuntu 10? It had me log into facebook and then that was it. It had buttons (authorize) colors. I don't know what any of this is for? Is it just a mini web browser for social networking. Any extra info you can give me is appreciated.
    Linux Advanced Guides and News!
    http://linuxinnovations.blogspot.com/

Green means go, Yellow means faster, Red means don't stop.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Gwibber

Gwibber is an open source microblogging client for Linux. It brings the most popular social networking web services to your desktop and gives you the ability to control how you communicate.
    That's taken from http://gwibber.com

So function-wise it means you can post status updates and replies to all the supported microblogging services you have without visiting separate websites. Some find that useful.
    The early bird gets the worm. . . But the second mouse gets the cheese, and the early worm gets eaten.
    Unwarranted Self Promotion

Beans

It's also possible that he was asking because he had the same "problem?" that I do. I understand exactly what gwibber is for and I've seen people using it (youtube) but when I wanted to set it up for facebook then after "authorized" noting happened and no further configuration was possible. So it's not working for some reason

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

The troubles are with Facebook API and the variety of desktop clients. Users don't know which to blame.