Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full screen possible?

Beans

Full screen possible?

Previous I had a good working mythbuntu install 9.xx. I found it frustrating to not have a full ubuntu setup. So when I had a hd fail I decided to do a ubuntu from the start and then add mythbuntu. I have finally got it working again. I have a question though. I loved the fact in mythbuntu it was full screen. Now I have the top and bottom menu bars and can't get figure out how to make mythtv full screen? Please help if there is a way to fix it. Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Full screen possible?

Hi there,

I haven't used the Myth TV application before but the F11 key is commonly used to make an application full screen.

Also you can right click the top and bottom bars and select preferences and check the 'auto hide' option.

Hope this helps

Beans

Hi,

Have a look here:- http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=296523

You need to tell mythfrontend that it should run fullscreen and not in a window.

Regards
    Ian Dobson
    Walking on water and writing software to specification is easy if they're frozen.

My corner of the internet http://www.planet-ian.com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

OP said it was just the top and bottom bars and that he installed MythTV on top of Ubuntu. Most likely issue is that he has compiz on. Go to System > Preferences > Appearance, click the visual effects tab, and turn the effects to none.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by tgm4883 View Post
    OP said it was just the top and bottom bars and that he installed MythTV on top of Ubuntu. Most likely issue is that he has compiz on. Go to System > Preferences > Appearance, click the visual effects tab, and turn the effects to none.
    @tgm4883, is this a common problem with Ubuntu + MythTV + Compiz? Is there an open bug report anywhere about this problem? I ask because when I was using MythTV with Karmic, I ran into the same problem with my panel, and I was hoping to avoid it this time around.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by boombox1387 View Post
    @tgm4883, is this a common problem with Ubuntu + MythTV + Compiz? Is there an open bug report anywhere about this problem? I ask because when I was using MythTV with Karmic, I ran into the same problem with my panel, and I was hoping to avoid it this time around.
    Yea it's common if you have compiz, I don't know if there is a bug report for it though.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Yea it's common if you have compiz, I don't know if there is a bug report for it though.
    I found one: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...tv/+bug/348934

Strange thing is, it's marked as fixed, but there have been several reports of the issue persisting in 10.04, which was my experience today. Luckily, a workaround is posted there which worked for me. (For anyone else with this problem, see Comment 3 in the bug report.)

Beans

Thanks all for your thoughts. I had tried the auto hide before this post. It just left a small bar at the top and bottom after the menus hid I could see the background image.

When I turned the effects to none, it moved the myth up to the top of the screen. It doubled the space at the bottom. I then went into myth screen setup and set it to the display size. Height 718 to 768. Worked great. Thanks for the help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by jodajen2 View Post
    Thanks all for your thoughts. I had tried the auto hide before this post. It just left a small bar at the top and bottom after the menus hid I could see the background image.

When I turned the effects to none, it moved the myth up to the top of the screen. It doubled the space at the bottom. I then went into myth screen setup and set it to the display size. Height 718 to 768. Worked great. Thanks for the help.
    If you're interested, there is a one-time fix (workaround) that will allow you to keep desktop effects on, even when watching MythTv. Assuming you have CompizConfig installed, open the program, open the "Workarounds" option, and check the box next to "enable legacy fullscreen support." This doesn't seem to work for everybody, but it worked for me. Personally I prefer this option because my workflow depends on desktop effects, and turning them off every time I want to watch TV on my computer is a hassle.

Beans
    Hidden!

thanks boom box fixed in maverick its goinmg to make happy wife..

Code:
    sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager
    and enable legacy full screen workaround..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast