Thread: Alternate Install CD not mountable?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Alternate Install CD not mountable?

I've upgraded to the new 10.04, and when I have the Alternate CD in, it shows on my desktop, and I can search all the contents of the CD, so I know it's registering. But when I try to install anything, via the terminal, .deb packages, synaptics package manager, it always asks me to insert the CD. Then I click ok and it says it's not mountable, even though I know it is because it's on my desktop. Anyone else having this issue?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Alternate Install CD not mountable?

Quote Originally Posted by GrantStoner View Post
    I've upgraded to the new 10.04, and when I have the Alternate CD in, it shows on my desktop, and I can search all the contents of the CD, so I know it's registering. But when I try to install anything, via the terminal, .deb packages, synaptics package manager, it always asks me to insert the CD. Then I click ok and it says it's not mountable, even though I know it is because it's on my desktop. Anyone else having this issue?
    Make sure you don't have an entry for an old version CD in your software sources.
    Regards, David.
    Please use the Forum search and Wiki search for immediate help
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate
    New to technical forums?: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by dcstar View Post
    Make sure you don't have an entry for an old version CD in your software sources.
    This is correct if you have installed remove the cd tick off the cd in software sources, and run
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    then
    Code:
    sudo apt-get upgrade

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I've done this, but it still comes up with an error. And I've never had a problem before with any other version of Ubuntu using the same method. Is it possible has anything to do with me having a slimline drive instead of one that actually pops open and you have to manually close it?