Thread: digiKam tags

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

digiKam tags

Hello all,

I installed digiKam recently to organise my photographs because I didn't like the Ubuntu default (F-Spot is it?).

When it was installing, it asked if it should automatically add togs to my photo files themselves or if it should just store tags in a database. As I was only trying out the software, I chose the second option.

I'm now really impressed with digiKam and would be happy for it to automatically edit the tags directly in the files rather than just in a database so that I have to manually tell it to apply the tags.

I can't find an option to tell it to do that anywhere though. Can anyone help?

I'm very impressed with digiKam, but if anyone has any other suggestions on photo organising apps I'd love to hear them. Just don't like F-spot and wont use Picasa because I've had enough of google.

Cheers
    D

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

En español

I've installed digiKam in spanish, and the option is in Preferencias/Configurar digikam/metadatos/acciones comunes de metadatos.

I think in English is preferences/setup digikam/metadata/metadata actions.

I like very much digiKam. It's a pity there isn't a similar one for gnome. F-Spot is worse for me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Re: digiKam tags

Thanks for the info tomillares.

I've found the section, but there are lots of options:
    1) Save image tags as "Keyword tags in metadata embedded in files
    2) Save metadata template as metadata embedded in files
    3) Save image captions as metadata embedded in files
    4) Save image timestamps as metadata embeded in files
    5) Save image rating as metadata embedded in files
    6) Write Metedata to RAW images (Experimental)
    7) Update files timestamp when metadata are saved

What's the 'usual' for tags? If I choose number 1, will that save tags in a way that other programs will understand? Or should I use number 2? Will number 5 save the start rating I give? Again, in a way that other apps will understand?

Thanks
    D

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I marked all of them

I marked all of them. I use digikam to write tags in photos. Then other programs can recognize them. It worked in Adobe Bridge. I don't know if you can rate the photos and keep their rates for other programs.