Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gwibber facebook stream doesn't update correctly

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Gwibber facebook stream doesn't update correctly

I'm having a problem with my Facebook stream in Gwibber. Sometimes it runs fine, but sometimes it doesn't refresh the stream for hours at a time. Even if I manually refresh the stream, it doesn't load the most current updates.

I also tried setting the stream to update every minute instead of every 5 minutes and that doesn't seem to help either.

Anyone else having this issue?

Beans

Re: Gwibber facebook stream doesn't update correctly

Yup, not only with facebook but with twitter too.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Now that you mention it, I am also having the problem with Twitter as well.

Beans

To me it looks like Gwibber came all together broken in 10.04. It worked much better with the version that came in 9.1.
    Maybe they should just remove it from the repositories until they have a working version again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

This is not a v10.04 issue, in fact I am still using v9.10 and for the last 2 weeks FB stream is giving me some bad headaches.

It is not updating correctly, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't, couldn't determine a pattern yet. Manual updates are also useless

Have tried to change timeout values on facelib.py but nothing seems to work, unfortunately

Beans

Same thing here. Wonder why they cant fix this ...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I have a keen thought that it might be the API thats broken from time to time. It doesnt affect just Gwibber, but everything, my iPhone cant get it for about an hour now.

Sometimes Twitter and Facebook break the API for an hour or two while the do upgrades.

Thats usually the cause of the big white failwhale on Twitter most of the time.
    Java Guide Media support Flash x64 Grub2 Get Dropbox! My Look! RSync Twitter

"Windows 7 was my idea"- I guess Microsoft enjoys copyright infringement?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by luiz.gregorio View Post
    This is not a v10.04 issue, in fact I am still using v9.10 and for the last 2 weeks FB stream is giving me some bad headaches.

It is not updating correctly, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't, couldn't determine a pattern yet. Manual updates are also useless

Have tried to change timeout values on facelib.py but nothing seems to work, unfortunately
    Hello,
    I know that it is not a 10.04 issue. What I meant is, that the Gwibber version that was available during the 9.1 days a few weeks/month back worked a lot better. It also had more functionality.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Did some checking and it looks like there is a bug for this in the Gwibber launchpad DB:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/gwibber/+bug/533017

I haven't tried any of the workarounds suggested yet although the one suggested in comment #25 looks promising. I'll try it when I have some time.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I tried it, but it doesn't seem to work. My default locale already looked ok. I reset it again just to be sure, but it didn't help, even after a reboot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast