Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: daily-live missing since 05June

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

daily-live missing since 05June

I notice that the daily-live hasn't been updated since June 5th. Any reason or any talk on the dev forums that explain why? daily is updated, well, daily. I prefer using daily-live updates to test my ISO, Ubiquity, etc.
    boot_info_script | AMD64 Athlon X2 Dual-Core - nVidia Geforce 6150 SE - 4GB DDR3

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: daily-live missing since 05June

Quote Originally Posted by VMC View Post
    I notice that the daily-live hasn't been updated since June 5th. Any reason or any talk on the dev forums that explain why? daily is updated, well, daily. I prefer using daily-live updates to test my ISO, Ubiquity, etc.
    What's the difference between daily and daily-live? Last daily-live iso image is of 8th June.
    Amor cuerdo, no es Amor.

Beans

The daily is the alt install and daily live is the live cd.

This link will take you to all ISOs;

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/

And yes the latest is the 5th. They are time consuming to set up and we are in the middle of replacing the entire x setup. Why build a live CD?

The daily is dated the 10th.

The DVD is the 8th.
    Dell 480 XPS 3G ram Quad Core 2.40GHz, Radeon HD 2400 PRO, Audigy1, 3x320G HDD, 320G External, Debian Testing for use, Debian Squeeze for secure use, Debian Sid for FUN

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ranch hand View Post
    .. They are time consuming to set up and we are in the middle of replacing the entire x setup. Why build a live CD?
    Why build a daily? How do you know the daily is any easier to build than livecd?
    boot_info_script | AMD64 Athlon X2 Dual-Core - nVidia Geforce 6150 SE - 4GB DDR3

Beans

I don't. I just wonder why, when folks can get the image on the daily or the DVD (a little stale), build all 3 every day at this time.

It would surprise me if the next one was not a LiveCD. That would make an understandable pattern.
    Dell 480 XPS 3G ram Quad Core 2.40GHz, Radeon HD 2400 PRO, Audigy1, 3x320G HDD, 320G External, Debian Testing for use, Debian Squeeze for secure use, Debian Sid for FUN

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ranch hand View Post
    I don't. I just wonder why, when folks can get the image on the daily or the DVD (a little stale), build all 3 every day at this time.

It would surprise me if the next one was not a LiveCD. That would make an understandable pattern.
    The Livecd tests Ubiquity. I know debian-installer works, I want to make sure Ubiquity works. Also, running Livecd has pretty much enabled me to tell if the installed OS will work, or xorg will crash using livecd. It has in the past for me, anyway.

Beans

I am sure that as soon as all the x stuff is in place we will see a Live CD build.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

All the X drivers just installed on my Intel powered netbook. To carry over from another thread why are the useless drivers I never need installed?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    All the X drivers just installed on my Intel powered netbook. To carry over from another thread why are the useless drivers I never need installed?
    Why,why,oh why.
    I just used a rsync to load a thumb and the splash said 10.04, but the apt list was maverick I'm so confused.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    You get drivers for everything in the base install. This is a good thing as then the OS will run (hopefully).

I leave them on my loaner drive so that it will play on about everything. On my stable installs on this box I have gone through synaptic and removed every driver not related to ATI or Intel (have Intel integrated controller that I may need some day.

After removing them you no longer get the upgrades for the useless ones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast