This thread is meant for everybody who has experience with installing ubuntu (and linux in general) on a Samsung Q1 and more specific the Ultra model, and for everybody who has some knowledge to share or something to ask about it.

I've got 10.04 (Lucid) installed on the device and out of the box it recognises all the hardware. It seems like everything works fine. Just the touchscreen doesn't.

I did try a lot to get it working and after all it does seem to be quite simple to fix. Just install xserver-xorg-input-evtouch

Code:
sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-input-evtouch
and add a file named 11-touchkit.conf with the following contents:

Code:
Section "InputClass"
	Identifier "Touchkit Touch"
	MatchIsTablet	"on"
	MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
	Driver 	"evtouch"
	Option	"ReportingMode"	"Raw"
	Option	"Emulate3Buttons"
	Option	"Emultate3Timeout"	"50"
	Option	"SendCoreEvents"	"On"
	Option	"TapTimer"		"200"
	Option	"LongTouchTimer"	"400"
	Option	"MinX"			"145"
	Option	"MinY"			"193"
	Option	"MaxX"			"3973"
	Option	"MaxY"			"3898"
EndSection
The name of the file may differ, just the number has to be greater than any other file in that directory to make sure it gets loaded after any other possible touchscreen configurations.
I just chose touchkit, because xorg reports it as Touchkit Touch (see /var/log/Xorg.0.log)

It should be better if we got the touchscreen working with the evdev driver, since evtouch is not getting updated anymore, and the calibration method provided in the evtouch package seems to require hal which is deprecated now.

Evdev seems to recognise the touchscreen since it registers clicking on a clean install, but it reacts by moving the pointer to the upper left corner.
Which supsects me to believe that all the needs to be found is good calibration values, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

There is a calibrator available for xinput devices
xinput_calibrator
But I haven't found a useful way to apply the outcome of the calibration.
I found the program in the following thread. So maybe anyone else has more success with it?

Wireless seems to be establishing a connection which is not very stable. But I don't use it actually, so I should still check that out.

So far, so good