Quote Originally Posted by liviococcia View Post
Hello Members, just thought i'd post everything related to the Samsung Q1 Ultra over to this thread, all this info was a combination of some great help form all the members who contributed, and gave direct instruction to rectifying my issues, which might help other users, thanks alot

Samsung Q1 Ultra Touchscreen problem(A big thanks Cka3o4nik)

1: I first installed 'xserver-xorg-input-evtouch' package by going to the main Ubuntu desktop menu, clicking onto 'System' then onto 'synaptic package manager, in the search box type EVTOUCH, this should bring up the package, then mark it for installation, and install.

2: I then opened the 'File manager' in administrator mode by using the 'Run Applications' box, to do this hold the 'Alt' button and while held down press the 'F2' button, in the box that appears type ' gksudo nautilus ' file manager will open, click onto 'File system' and follow the folder path below:

/usr/lib/X11/xorg,conf.d

3:Open any file with it's name ending in '.conf' contained in the 'xorg.conf.d' folder, and without making any changes to the contents of the file you have opened, go to 'File' then 'Save as..', a window will now open, in the 'name' box rename the file to 11-touchkit.conf then click onto the '+' sign next to 'Browse for other folders' and navigate again by clicking first onto 'File System' then 'usr' > 'lib' > 'X11' > 'xorg,conf.d', you will see this folders contents, making sure you have followed all the above click the 'Save' button.

4: While the 'File Manager' window remains open in 'administrator' mode (if not follow step 2 of these instructions to reopen), double click onto your newly created '11-touchkit.conf' file, be aware that the contents of this new file now need to be changed, in the Gedit app that has open the file, click onto 'Edit' then 'Select All' of which the contents should now be highlighted, then click onto 'Edit' then 'Delete', the file's contents should now be gone, copy and paste the instructions below into the blank page of file:-

Section "InputClass"
Identifier "Touchkit Touch"
MatchIsTablet "on"
MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
Driver "evtouch"
Option "ReportingMode" "Raw"
Option "Emulate3Buttons"
Option "Emultate3Timeout" "50"
Option "SendCoreEvents" "On"
Option "TapTimer" "200"
Option "LongTouchTimer" "400"
Option "MinX" "145"
Option "MinY" "193"
Option "MaxX" "3973"
Option "MaxY" "3898"
EndSection

5: Click onto 'File' then 'Save', and now close your new document, if the 'File Manager' window is still open you should notice your new '11-touchkit.conf' file in the 'xorg.conf.d' folder

6: Close the 'File Manager' window, (I notice whenever i open 'File Manager' using the gksudo nautilus instruction and then finish with it, it seems to make my desktop go blank, and I have to shut the Q1 Ultra down by holding the off/on switch in the 'off' position, it doesn't seem to do any permanent harm though)

Livio
Is anyone able to modify this for Kubuntu? I am using Maverick, but the file structure is a little different in KDE and there is no Xorg.conf.d file in X11 folder. I don't know where to put the configuration file, or if the same file will work OK in Kubuntu.