Thread: 64-bit Windows 7 multiple firewalls

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

64-bit Windows 7 multiple firewalls

I'm experimenting with windows 7 along with other operating systems. At the moment I'm using windows 7. A few things interest me, but right now I'm contemplating extra security... more firewalls more.... ^_^! What extra firewalls would a windows 7 64-bit home edition with 4 gigs of ram, be compatible with? I'm not interested in caging virus' that I contract. I simply want to stop them in their tracks.
    Never feed the mods/staff; not unless you want to die... I didn't tell you ANYTHING!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: 64-bit Windows 7 multiple firewalls

I don't know what you mean exactly by extra firewalls, but is not a good idea to have two firewalls running simultaneously. Anyway, Windows 7 firewall has improved a lot in comparison with Vista and XP, but I would recommend Comodo firewall. Best free Windows firewall I ever used.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    I don't know what you mean exactly by extra firewalls, but is not a good idea to have two firewalls running simultaneously. Anyway, Windows 7 firewall has improved a lot in comparison with Vista and XP, but I would recommend Comodo firewall. Best free Windows firewall I ever used.
    Agreed, 2 firewalls isnt a good idea. Comodo is pretty good, I'd take online armour (free) as a 2nd choice-

http://www.matousec.com/projects/pro...ge/results.php

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

A firewall won't necessarily block malware because the effective stuff tends to reside in legitimate processes that are allowed/necessary for regular use. Having it is better than not having it, I suppose, but there should be one that's native to the OS.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

This thread has nothing to do with Ubuntu or Linux. Please use a windows support forums for windows questions.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface