Thread: Very Far Fetched Idea?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Very Far Fetched Idea?

Alright well on my compaq 64-bit presario i have ubuntu 10.04 installed on the entire hard drive and i recently setup a power-on password through the bios and their are only two things that REALLY annoy me about it.

1. That beep
    2. The black backround

So my question is, can i change one of these things through Ubuntu? I mean i have a picture and a sound in mind to play on power on instead of that. Well crap. Help is greatly appricated and so are any links....
    w0Rm is more than just a name it is a lifestyle choice i plan on forcing on america xD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Very Far Fetched Idea?

Quote Originally Posted by w0Rm210 View Post
    Alright well on my compaq 64-bit presario i have ubuntu 10.04 installed on the entire hard drive and i recently setup a power-on password through the bios and their are only two things that REALLY annoy me about it.

1. That beep
    2. The black backround

So my question is, can i change one of these things through Ubuntu? I mean i have a picture and a sound in mind to play on power on instead of that. Well crap. Help is greatly appricated and so are any links....
    Operating Systems load after the BIOS, they have nothing whatsoever to do with how the BIOS works.

Talk to Compaq.
    Regards, David.
    Please use the Forum search and Wiki search for immediate help
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate
    New to technical forums?: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Not so far fetched. I remembered reading about this topic. Here is the Ubuntu forums link for how to disable it. Not sure how to add a custom sound and pic in startup. If you figure that out, please post it because I would like to know.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=531781

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by dcstar View Post
    Operating Systems load after the BIOS, they have nothing whatsoever to do with how the BIOS works.

Talk to Compaq.

I'm fully aware they load after the bios but i was able to do crazy stuff with the power on password with windows 7 vista and xp i was able to make the sound play eminems no apologies and the backround say Windows Opens NOW......
    w0Rm is more than just a name it is a lifestyle choice i plan on forcing on america xD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Louisraritan View Post
    Not so far fetched. I remembered reading about this topic. Here is the Ubuntu forums link for how to disable it. Not sure how to add a custom sound and pic in startup. If you figure that out, please post it because I would like to know.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=531781

Thanks for the reply. This should help out