Thread: crazy warnings?

Beans

crazy warnings?

I read a lot of insults in the 'non-technical' sections of the forum a lot. But, I don't see any change.

I participated in a 'non-technical' discussion and just voiced my opinion on the topic (I tend to think a lot of people don't think and said, 'people are sheep') so is this against the rules? I happen to think people just reiterate what they saw on TV or what their friends say. Is that wrong?

I fail to see what is so bad about this? I later was insulted and told I need to wear a 'foil hat' and these are personal attacks.

Even the Admin got into the act. Those are ATTACKS.

Who's the head admin in this forum?

Beans

Re: crazy warnings?

Oh, btw, I won't post anymore on 'non-technical' subjects because I feel, if I don't follow the popular line of thinking, I'll get a warning and censored. Sorry for my posts that aren't tech-related.

Beans

You received a warning to remind you of the Code of Conduct and to draw to your attention that your post were not within the spirit of the COC.

Referring to members as "brainwashed" or "closed minded" is not appropriate.

"Be respectful of all users at all times. This means please use etiquette and politeness. Treat people with kindness and gentleness. If you do this the rest of the code of conduct won't need more than a cursory mention."
    This account is not active.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    You received a warning to remind you of the Code of Conduct and to draw to your attention that your post were not within the spirit of the COC.

Referring to members as "brainwashed" or "closed minded" is not appropriate.

"Be respectful of all users at all times. This means please use etiquette and politeness. Treat people with kindness and gentleness. If you do this the rest of the code of conduct won't need more than a cursory mention."
    But, what about the response to my posts?

I was just saying 'brainwashed' in a generic sense. But, if that's not acceptable, then I'll abide by the rules. I tried to explain my reasoning but I won't use that description again, then. It's tough to discuss politics or any kind of issue, really, without being allowed to vent or criticize in any context whatsoever then. I won't participate in the discussion any further then. Thanks for explaining why you issued the warning. Peace. Cheers.

Beans

The reason why we stopped the discusion of politics on these forums is because it is almost impossible to discuss it with out upsetting someone not matter how benign the discussion.

So we have a blanket no.

However in your case please don't feel bad , you only received a warning, its just a gentle "tap on the shoulder" thats all. Just take care. If in doubt in the future just ask one of the team we are only too happy to guide with regards to posting.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by SeePU View Post
    I read a lot of insults in the 'non-technical' sections of the forum a lot. But, I don't see any change.
    To answer this question, if you come across a post you feel is insulting or in violation of the code of Conduct, report it and allow the staff to look into it.

This is a large and active forums and the staff do not read each and every post.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface