Thread: Flash 10 partial image (Flash 9 OK!)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Flash 10 partial image (Flash 9 OK!)

When using Flash Player 9 with this website the images are complete and show the flash navigation buttons, allowing the user to scroll and zoom in/out on the picture.

When using Flash Player 10 with the same website, the images are incomplete, only showing a small portion of the image in the top lefthand corner of the frame. The flash navigation buttons are not shown so no navigation is possible.

In both cases, right-clicking on the image shows the standard flash menu.

This problem with Flash Player 10 is apparent on two different PCs, running Jaunty and Karmic, and is present when using both Firefox and Opera.

Flash Player 10 works correctly (including video) on many other sites, including YouTube. Flash Player 10 is the standard Ubuntu version installed via the restricted-extras package.

Is this problem down to my configuration, Adobe Flash Player 10, or the website? Ideas please.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: Flash 10 partial image (Flash 9 OK!)

Have you tested it on another website/browser?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Chesamo View Post
    Have you tested it on another website/browser?
    Thanks Chesamo, Yes. Good results with many other websites. However, the problem with this website shows up when using Firefox, Opera and Epiphany!

Please advise if you can see a full graphic on my specified webpage when using Firefox with Flash 10?

Interestingly, I just tried Konqueror with the same Flash 10 and that has rendered a complete picture! The plot thickens

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Please can anyone see a full graphic on the webpage I specified in post #1 when using Firefox with Flash 10?

If so, please advise Firefox version and Flash version. Many thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

The problem I reported was when using Flash Player version 10.0.32.18 (on two different PCs).

I have now upgraded Flash on both PCs to version 10.1.53.64 and can report that the Home Shopping Direct websites now appear to display the Flash graphics correctly with navigation buttons working.

All seems fine now.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Zill View Post
    The problem I reported was when using Flash Player version 10.0.32.18 (on two different PCs).

I have now upgraded Flash on both PCs to version 10.1.53.64 and can report that the Home Shopping Direct websites now appear to display the Flash graphics correctly with navigation buttons working.

All seems fine now.
    lol, I'm using the version of flash you've upgraded to and I still get the problem. No problems on other websites though.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by llawwehttam View Post
    ... No problems on other websites though.
    Are you getting exactly the same problem as I had on the Home Shopping Direct group websites?