Thread: Entify - Entity framework for mono apps

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Entify - Entity framework for mono apps

Entify - Open source entity framework for Mono applications

I have written an open source (MIT License) entity framework for mono and monotouch. Now I'm looking for beta testers for the project. Entify comes with a visual designer tool integrated into MonoDevelop IDE. Below is a screenshot of the tool in action.

I hope that this project will help Gnome desktop application developers to develop new apps even faster than before. The idea of the project is that application developer doesn't need to worry about persistent store / data access layer or the application. Instead, the developer can focus on application domain logic, which is the beef of the app anyway. You may think Entify as GTK for data access. None of the desktop application writers write them own UI-libraries, because there is already a framework for that called GTK. Same could be applied for data access and I hope that Entify can help on this area.

Entify is a great solution for basic desktop applications like photo managers, music players, address books, calendars, email applications, etc. Please, give me feedback if you decide to test Entify.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Wink Re: Entify - Entity framework for mono apps

I will test, performance wise, to look whether it is better than nHibernate on Linux.
    In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?
    Linux is like a wigwam.... no Gates, no Windows but Apache inside!
    http://www.debianadmin.com
    apt-get install libstdc++6-4.3-doc

Beans

Re: Entify - Entity framework for mono apps

Is this compatible with EF?

Cheers!
    Fernando.-

Beans

Re: Entify - Entity framework for mono apps

Hi

Question. I'm really eager to use this because the only thing that was keeping me from using mono was because I couldn't use an entity framework. This will solve my issues but there's a gap.

Can the data be synchronized to MySQL or SQL Server or visa versa?