Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Logitech Performance Mouse MX

Beans

Re: Logitech Performance Mouse MX

Regarding the holding modifier keys down problem, I too have experienced that. However, a workaround is to assign actions to the left and right click buttons that don't do anything. Thus, when these buttons are clicked, btnx checks to see what to do and it sees that no modifiers are pressed for this action, clearing the ones held down from a previous action.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

So if this mouse doesn't have all buttons functioning in Ubuntu, what mice do? My MX1000 has the same problems as described for this mouse, namely that not all the buttons work and the buggy btnx software seems to be the only way these days to get them. Does anyone know of a high-end mouse that is fully supported using Ubuntu?

Not related to Ubuntu, but...does this mouse really work on glass? My wife's desk is actually made of glass, and I hate mousepads.
    Asus Z96J whitebook with Intel 2.33 GHz Core 2 Duo, ATi X1600 mobility, 2 GB ram, Logitech MX1000 mouse

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Bazirker View Post
    So if this mouse doesn't have all buttons functioning in Ubuntu, what mice do? My MX1000 has the same problems as described for this mouse, namely that not all the buttons work and the buggy btnx software seems to be the only way these days to get them. Does anyone know of a high-end mouse that is fully supported using Ubuntu?

Not related to Ubuntu, but...does this mouse really work on glass? My wife's desk is actually made of glass, and I hate mousepads.
    Bought one. Mouse is awesome, works on glass with no trouble at all. I'm still working on figuring out which buttons work, but it appears that right/left/middle/forward/back/scroll all work out of the box.
    Asus Z96J whitebook with Intel 2.33 GHz Core 2 Duo, ATi X1600 mobility, 2 GB ram, Logitech MX1000 mouse

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Just bought one of these two days ago. Coming from a MX Revolution the only disappointment was the way they changed the charging scheme, ie; no cradle but a usb charging cord instead. I guess it's more portable?

Nice mouse but just like everyone else I can't seem to figure out how to get the zoom and thumb button up and running under Ubuntu 10.10 AMD64 using btnx. The software sees the two buttons during detection but wont activate any key combo assigned to them. Very frustrating. I was able to map every single button on my MX Revolution with zero issues using btnx.

I'm wondering if someone with some programming chops would be willing to take the source code for btnx and continue dev on the project if Olli is truly done with it.
    Free speech is the most important aspect of a liberated society.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by tnt533 View Post
    Just bought one of these two days ago. Coming from a MX Revolution the only disappointment was the way they changed the charging scheme, ie; no cradle but a usb charging cord instead. I guess it's more portable?

Nice mouse but just like everyone else I can't seem to figure out how to get the zoom and thumb button up and running under Ubuntu 10.10 AMD64 using btnx. The software sees the two buttons during detection but wont activate any key combo assigned to them. Very frustrating. I was able to map every single button on my MX Revolution with zero issues using btnx.

I'm wondering if someone with some programming chops would be willing to take the source code for btnx and continue dev on the project if Olli is truly done with it.
    I actually much prefer the new charging method, since now you can keep using the mouse even when the battery has died.

I'll put in another vote for btnx improvements. One of these days I'll start programming outside of Matlab and will get things like this sorted out myself...

Beans

How can configure Logitech MX Revolution and MX Performance in Ubuntu 11.04? Before I used btnx but now with 11.04 seems dosn't work.

How can I do?

Beans

But is possible change the DPI (on fly or not)?

is it a good buy?

Thank you!

Beans

Any news?

Beans

I've had this mouse for about a year now. When I got it, there wasn't much advice on mapping the thumb buttons. I was hoping there might be some answers by now.

BTW, why would anyone prefer a charging station over corded usability while it's charging? I love it, because I consistently forgot to dock my previous mouse overnight and would have to dig out the old factory dell mouse. :/

Beans

Fabián Rodríguez
    Ubuntu Quebec LoCo Team contact, UCP, UCI

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast