Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: windows 7 and ubuntu sa netbook

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

windows 7 and ubuntu sa netbook

meron akong acer aspire one na netbook... ang os niya ay windows 7 starter edition.. gusto ko po sana idual boot itong netbook ko with ubuntu 10.04 desktop edition.. maaari po ba mangyari un? maraming salamat ..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: windows 7 and ubuntu sa netbook

POSSIBLE!

Download the Ubuntu lucid iso.. burn to CD at the lowest possible burning speed.
    Re-boot with the CD as the boot device, tapos try the live, then click installer sa live when you get to the portion of partition during the install by default ubuntu will be installed side by side with your existing OS partition.

WELCOME to the FOSS (Free Open Source System) world!
    PC: 10.4 Ubuntu
    Netbook: ASUS EEEpc 1005HA 10.4 UNE

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Apparently Aljoriz missed out that Acer Aspire One is a netbook and it doesn't come with a cd tray. But if the box comes with an external cd drive (i suddenly remember my officemate got one when she bought her AspireOne), then it should be ok.

You might want to manually install (instead of the default side-by-side), this way you can have the control over the capacity allocations on your hd.

edit: if you dont have cd drive, then making a live-cd over a USB drive is the way.
    Last edited by antoniomiguel; June 6th, 2010 at 01:27 AM.

Beans

this link might help!... clicky here for the tutorial... and you might want to check this first since netbooks don't have cd/dvd rom tray Install Ubuntu on a USB using Windows

hope this helps!

Polytechnic University of the Philippines .... Proud to be Pinoy!..
    Acer Aspire One ZG5 and Neo empriva Laptop: 1.6GHZ intel celeron, 2 Gig DDR2/667 Ram, 160 Gig HDD (80 for Mac OSX Leopard / 80 for Ubuntu 10.04) now i'm a happy man!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by killer_d76 View Post
    this link might help!... clicky here for the tutorial...
    This is a nice step-by-step procedure.

Just wanted to add a little tweak. On the "Prepare partitions" part, i suggest you first add an "Extended" partition and later on create the needed partitions in it.

Under the Extended Partition:
    "/" -(root partition - ext4), this is where all your ubuntu packages and apps will be installed
    "/home" - (home partition - ext4), your data drive
    "/swap" - (swap partition)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

sa pag kakaalam ku, gagamit siya ng UNE/UNR instead of UDE (Desktop Edition) may wubi install rin ba sa netbook edition para mag dual boot sa W7?

Beans

it's a matter of choice... if he prefers Netbook Remix or the usual Desktop look and feel.. though both works perfectly on Acer Aspire One!
    Polytechnic University of the Philippines .... Proud to be Pinoy!..
    Acer Aspire One ZG5 and Neo empriva Laptop: 1.6GHZ intel celeron, 2 Gig DDR2/667 Ram, 160 Gig HDD (80 for Mac OSX Leopard / 80 for Ubuntu 10.04) now i'm a happy man!

Beans
    Distro

I'll go for UNR, this is what it is made for. On top of the default layout, there are other format choices on the log-in menu (UNR 2D, 3D) for a UDE feel.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

meron ako na external cdrom kaso ndi ko pa nakukuha.. pag dumating un uumpisahan ko na ung pagdual boot ng win7 and ubuntu.. ang gusto ko din po malaman ay kung katulad ba ng pagdual boot sa desktop ang pagdual boot din dito sa netbook? like pag nasa loob ng windows pagnilagay ang cd and nagautorun.. makikita ung install inside windows.. gnun din ba ang paraan mga sir?? mejo naguguluhan po kasi ako .

Beans
    Distro

@astigfighter
    Pakibasa na lang yung quick guide ni killer_d76, malinaw na doon yung procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by astigfighter View Post
    ..like pag nasa loob ng windows pagnilagay ang cd and nagautorun.. makikita ung install inside windows.. gnun din ba ang paraan mga sir??
    Medyo iba. Yung live-cd kasi is hindi na papasok pa sa Windows. Bootable na sya, then straight na sa pagpa-partition ng harddrive, then installation na kagad.

Meron sya i-install na dual-boot app (GRUB) so everytime na i-start mo netbook mo (after ng successful installation above) e pipili ka ng OS na ira-run.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast