Thread: Shotwell publishing is not working properly

Beans

Question Shotwell publishing is not working properly

Okay so I'm having a problem with publishing photos via Shotwell to Facebook.. When I choose the picture and hit publish, it shows up with the publishing window showing only Piwigo and no other websites.. When I checked if the plug-ins are enabled, they are there once I uncheck Piwigo plugin it says I have an incompatible plug-in.. I tried everything I even reinstalled it many times and I still have the same problem, can somebody guide me to fix this problem or at least tell me where is the plug-in directory so I can modify it myself.

This problem is happening with all the publishing plug-ins except Piwigo

Technical Details:

Linux OS: Ubuntu 12.04

Shotwell version: 0.12.3+webaccounts1

I hope somebody can help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Shotwell publishing is not working properly

From the package name, I take it you're using Ubuntu Web Apps. This replaces the normal build of Shotwell with a version that's been modified by Canonical to support their new Web Apps system. Sounds like you've hit a bug, so I'd recommend filing a ticket on Launchpad.

Meanwhile, you can revert back to the default version of Shotwell by removing the PPA and purging the package, or by forcing a specific package version (instructions on forcing a version in Synaptic are here.)

Beans

You are actually right, I installed the web Apps.. Now I regret it.. Anyway I'm going to report it now and install the old one.. Thanks a lot!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by eric-yorba View Post
    From the package name, I take it you're using Ubuntu Web Apps. This replaces the normal build of Shotwell with a version that's been modified by Canonical to support their new Web Apps system. Sounds like you've hit a bug, so I'd recommend filing a ticket on Launchpad.

Meanwhile, you can revert back to the default version of Shotwell by removing the PPA and purging the package, or by forcing a specific package version (instructions on forcing a version in Synaptic are here.)
    Yeah, I had the same issue. This fixed it.
    ------------------------------------------------------

Beans

I'm having the same problem. The link the "here" is the same link as reporting a bug. Can you let me know what specific version of Shotwell works - thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Oops, that link should point here:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Sy...ackage_version

At any rate, this is an old thread and you should start a new one!