Thread: i need a monitoring software for my network

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

i need a monitoring software for my network

pls i need an application that would monitor bandwith and employee usage of the internet cos lately my network drags seriously want to get a tool called OsMonitor which has a lot of features i think are cool http://www.os-monitor.com/index.html . dont have access to purchase so is there any application on ubuntu that can handle some key features if not everything thank you

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: i need a monitoring software for my network

Have you looked into Nessus, the home feed is free. Also Nmap, etc. are great netowrk mapping tools. I am not as familiar with nmap. but Nessus I know allows you to see the address of each machine connected to your network and roughly what they are doing. It is really a neat tool and it works great in ubuntu

Beans

I think this IP-guard www.ip-guard.com is pretty good. I have tried it before and it's powerful. You can check all your employees' computer activities and control the bandwidth.

Beans

If you're gonna monitor your employees while they're working. You could use the Time Doctor. It's free and very effective. Time is tracked for each activity, the client show the total time worked each day, people have to be working to log time, and screen captures occur on the background, poor time use sites are tracked for each user.