Thread: GPG key management in 10.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

GPG key management in 10.04

Hi

I have a fresh upgrade of 10.04 with my existing /home directory. I cannot get seahorse to import my existing private gpg key that is held as both an asc file and a private block.

What app is best to use for the management of GPG keys in 10.04, I would use enigmail but it is not compatible with the latest 64bit thunderbird in the repos and therefore have to use evolution.
    Box 1 | Xubuntu 12.10 64 bit | Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S3H rev2 / AMD 5900+ | 250Gb Hitachi SATA / 4Gb RAM
    Ubuntu User #14507[/U] | GPG Key 0xBE7E87FD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: GPG key management in 10.04

Quote Originally Posted by ushills View Post
    Hi

I have a fresh upgrade of 10.04 with my existing /home directory. I cannot get seahorse to import my existing private gpg key that is held as both an asc file and a private block.
    Seahorse should automatically recognize the key if it's in the ~/.gnupg directory. If not, I suppose you could try using the command line

Code:
    gpg --allow-secret-key-import --import private.key
    What app is best to use for the management of GPG keys in 10.04, I would use enigmail but it is not compatible with the latest 64bit thunderbird in the repos and therefore have to use evolution.
    Hmm. I use Enigmail with Thunderbird all the time, and I am on 64 bit Lucid (I am assuming the versions in the repos are 64 bit).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: GPG key management in 10.04

Quote Originally Posted by rookcifer View Post
    Hmm. I use Enigmail with Thunderbird all the time, and I am on 64 bit Lucid (I am assuming the versions in the repos are 64 bit).

For some reason I cannot install enigmail from the repos as it says incompatible x64 version and the xpi although it installs does nothing.
    Box 1 | Xubuntu 12.10 64 bit | Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S3H rev2 / AMD 5900+ | 250Gb Hitachi SATA / 4Gb RAM
    Ubuntu User #14507[/U] | GPG Key 0xBE7E87FD