Thread: Translations

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 8.04 Hardy Heron

Translations

Hi, i've noticed some of my translations on launchpad have not been approved. From last year i have contributed in about 200 translations in the Northen Sotho language and most of them have been left unchecked. I have time on my hands and wouldn't mind administering. The language so far has about 6% of comleted translations, dissapointing yes, and i see most are from me and from 2005 by the zuza foundation which i don't think is still in operation. Who are the relevant people to be in contact with as i see no email adresses on Launchpad.
    Behold! The internet...
    My god, it's full of ads.

Beans

Re: Translations

Hi m4tic,

The Zuza Software Foundation is better known under its trading name: Translate.org.za.

We host a mailing list for discussion on Northern Sotho translations and you can subscribe here (there are similar lists for the other South African languages). Otherwise you are welcome to come and talk to us on IRC; we are in the #pootle and #zaf channels on the FreeNode network. Seeing as you're from Pretoria, you're also welcome to come visit our offices and we'll help you as best we can.

With regards to your unapproved translations, it might be that you were translating projects that does not use Launchpad for its upstream translations. It is always recommended that you work with the upstream project on localisations in order to ensure that your efforts are going to the right place.

Let me know if I can be of more help.