Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: All Kinds Of OS Problems

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: All Kinds Of OS Problems

Wow in battery it actually gave me 90.6% capacity but the monitor was at 96.0% thanks for the nifty tool i usually just use ubuntu for basic stuff gaming and youtube but i've always used windows for some reason even though i hate it... But i'm just gonna take this drone apart i gotta add RAM a new wifi card and other stuff but hey bro thank you for your effort and stuff i know you probably googled the hell out of everything lol thanks man and did i mention this forum is great? Lol well i'm gonna get to fixing this problem.
    w0Rm is more than just a name it is a lifestyle choice i plan on forcing on america xD

Beans

Sure, no prob. Yeah, this is one great forum. Has definitely helped me out a few times when I've been in a bind. Good luck!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Oh yeah one more question, is it possible it's a screen problem? Because now i can't boot into it at all on charger or off is it just crappy hardware? Should i call compaq? I got a 1 year warenty on it but with everything i've done on it they might not trade it in. Any suggestion? Because it's getting on my last nerv it was working fine until my mom spilled some jager on it then it was screwy but it worked up until i closed the screen and when i opened it it never worked since... I should call compaq eh?
    w0Rm is more than just a name it is a lifestyle choice i plan on forcing on america xD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I think your problem might be doing installs on battery power.
    Could be that the computer is going to sleep before the install is complete.
    Run the Live CD and make sure that you disable the sleep/suspend in the power management window.(System/Preferences/Power management)

Also disable the screensaver, my installs of Ubuntu freak me out when the screen goes black after ten minutes! If it does don't press the spacebar or Enter to wake it up or you may stop the install doing something. I always press the right arrow key, it's safer!

Good luck

Beans

Good suggestion 'coldraven'. You never know.

And as far as your theory, I really don't know w0Rm. Jager on it ehy? Interesting trouble. That stuff does mess you up, in more ways than one. Uhm, if it got into things, who knows could be the issue. Spills are so unpredictable, and the problems that come with such regarding electronics are hard to figure out for certain. Thus, could also be something got wet inside and was fried, who knows. Again, this is way beyond my expertise. Best not to give you too many possibilities from something who isn't an expert either.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123