Thread: Ryzom Problems

Beans

Question Ryzom Problems

I need some help with a problem I'm having with downloading Ryzom. Basically when I tried to download through the Software center, It said that it could not download the files necessary for some reason.
    Then, when I tried downloading through the Terminal I ran into the same problem.
    If there are any Ryzom players out there that could help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Ryzom Problems

Hi,

I can't help you with the 12.04 version specifically but I got Ryzom to work in 10.04 a few months ago by downloading the client from SourceForge.

- Get this file (it's large!) http://sourceforge.net/projects/ryzo...nt.7z/download
    - Get 7zip, if you don't have it already:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install p7zip
    - Extract the client (now it's much larger ~ 6GB!)
    - Navigate in the terminal to the folder that contains the file ryzom_client
    - Type:
    Code:
    ./ryzom_client
    "I believe humans get a lot done, not because we're smart, but because we have thumbs so we can make coffee." --Flash Rosenberg
    formerly 'known' as Euroman

Beans

Re: Ryzom Problems

Thank you for the help, but I kinda gave up on Ryzom and am now trying for Regnum and am pretty close to figuring it out except for a black box that keeps appearing. Lol I can't win with games on this OS.
    But, thank you none the less.