Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu One stuck on queued

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Ubuntu One stuck on queued

As I see there appeared multiple reports about songs stuck in Queued state during the weekend.
    Once I have more info about current state of the downloads I will post an update here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

UPDATE...
    So, I opened up rhythmbox this morning to discover that all my tracks had downloaded. Yep, they just randomly appeared. No prompt, no news, no nothing. Is this a fix, or is there actually an airborne Ubuntu pig floating around somewhere?

EDIT: If anyone needs me to grab any logs or anything, just let me know and I will do my best!

Beans

mine also completed downloading after a couple of days of hanging in queued.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Rhythmbox has said "Transferring to your Ubuntu One Storage" for the files I bought yesterday, through several quits and restarts. The files are in my storage on the Ubuntu One web site though.

Edit: Now trying fix suggested at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntuone...rs/+bug/571548 . No new music in my local folder so far, but I'll keep checking on it...
    Last edited by funcrunch; June 18th, 2010 at 05:44 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Having the same problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I just encountered this problem. I find it disgusting that it's been happening for a year now with no resolution. It renders this product unusable. I'm going back to Amazon MP3 downloads and dropbox!

Beans

I have purchased several albums from Ubuntu One and each time I make a purchase, there is always something that doesn't work. I don't remember it ever working flawlessly.

Usually it's the Music Store plugin showing a 'Gateway Timeout' error. There seems to be no way out of this other than restarting Rhythmbox. Then Rhytmbox will randomly not find any of my music and I have to restart a second time.

Then my most common problem is files 'Queued' for long periods (I don't know how long, I went to bed and they were there in the morning - like I'm back in the 90s using dial-up!)

Another problem is being told "You have reached the download limit for this song. Please purchase it again" - I haven't downloaded it at all! I wonder where it is? Presumably 'the cloud' is downloading it too many times on my behalf.

This service would be so good if only it was more reliable. How can we improve the situation?

Beans

Same problem here, hopefully a few improvements will come along instantly, atm the service is somewhat ... useless.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

It really makes no sense, but if you purchase the song/album and then wait a few minutes and go to the ubuntu one website, and just download them, one by one from there, it actually works. There is nothing intuitive about it whatsoever. It pretty frustrating. Then, days or weeks later, the files will download to the ~/.ubuntuone folder where no one would ever look for them. Oh, well, it does work. It just.... interesting trying to figure it out, like a bad riddle.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

If you have trouble downloading music please contact us at Ubuntu One Support. Let us know if you see your music on the cloud at https://one.ubuntu.com/files under Purchased Music or not.

thank you,
    duanedesign

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast