Hello,

This one works for the Aspire 4820TG v1.19 BIOS :
    http://global-download.acer.com/GDFi...C=Acer&SC=PA_6

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Acer Aspire 4820TG TimelineX Thread

Major Bug,
    I switched on my laptop after 28 days, started windows, everythings fine.
    I thought I might as well update ubuntu, when I started it,
    1st time, frozen at splash screen.
    2nd time, froze at login screen with weird ..um scrambled pixels or graphics.
    3rd time, frozen at login screen.
    4th time FINALLY! works.
    any idea why this occurred?

Beans

I've updated to the 1.22 bios from 1.19, but there seems to be no changes at all. Also, I discovered a new trend. If I leave my laptop off for 3 hours or so and start it back on and try to boot into Ubuntu, what happens is that I will get a blank screen after ubuntu tries to boot and i will have to use the emergency reboot. It will only successfully boot into ubuntu after the emergency reboot. And if i turn it off for a few hours again, and turn it on to boot into Windows first, it will successfully boot into Windows. After doing a restart from Windows, and booting into Ubuntu, it will boot successfully. Does anyone else have this problem too?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Xirev View Post
    Ok 2 issues:

Touchpad: I just discovered that contrary to what my post above says, my touchpad on the 4820t is not working properly. It seems to be a matter of luck really. Sometimes I restart and it's working great, other times when I put two fingers on it the mouse pointer goes nuts. Today for instance I sent it to sleep than after wake up it's working properly. I'm really at loss to what could be causing this.

Battery Indicator: When I unplug the charger Ubuntu does not know what happened at first and continues normally. However when I plug it in again and then take it out, it detects the battery is discharging. Anyone encountered this strange behaviour?
    I haven't tried the battery, but I'm definitely experiencing the issues you mentioned for touchpad. Multi touch is intermittent, and sometimes it works fine but other times when i put two fingers on it the cursor jumps about crazily from one end to another.

Beans

Can driver for ATI be used now?

I installed it once, it didn't work and I had to reinstall ubuntu. So I'm afraid to install the driver again.

Sorry for my bad English.
    Last edited by shaeiki; December 26th, 2010 at 09:40 AM.

Beans

I just installed BIOS 1.22 and everything seems a-ok. I haven't noticed anything different really.
    use linux

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Xirev View Post

Battery Indicator: When I unplug the charger Ubuntu does not know what happened at first and continues normally. However when I plug it in again and then take it out, it detects the battery is discharging. Anyone encountered this strange behaviour?

I have the same issue. I thought installing ACPI would fix it, but no such luck.
    use linux

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Foxcow View Post
    I have the same issue. I thought installing ACPI would fix it, but no such luck.

I'm having the same problem. I am using the 32 bit version of 10.10. Could that be the problem?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDesi View Post
    I'm having the same problem. I am using the 32 bit version of 10.10. Could that be the problem?

I don't think so because I'm running 10.10 64-bit
    use linux

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by andy12345 View Post
    Major Bug,
    I switched on my laptop after 28 days, started windows, everythings fine.
    I thought I might as well update ubuntu, when I started it,
    1st time, frozen at splash screen.
    2nd time, froze at login screen with weird ..um scrambled pixels or graphics.
    3rd time, frozen at login screen.
    4th time FINALLY! works.
    any idea why this occurred?
    I sort of have the same error. I have 10.10 x64, bios 1.22 and most times i log-in it either gets stuck on the splash screen with the dots, or stuff on the top gnome bar are missing (like the battery, sound etc.). Takes about 3-4 manual restarts for the system to boot. Is there a fix for that?

Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast