Thread: How do I use emerald theme?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

How do I use emerald theme?

Ok, I use Ubuntu 10.04 and I have compiz installed and also emerad. Currently I have the theme Ambiance and I want to change it to another theme that use emralld, but the problem is nothing change.

Beans

Re: How do I use emerald theme?

I'm guess you figured out how to change it? Pressing Alt+F2 and running

Code:
    emerald --replace
    sometimes works, but the best way (I've found) is to enable the window decorator plugin in compiz, and set that to use emerald. Then do

Code:
    compiz --replace
    You might need to run gconf-editor and modify /desktop/gnome/applications/window_manager/default to "/usr/bin/compiz", and /desktop/gnome/session/required_components/windowmanager to "gnome-wm".

If you found another way, please post it here so others can benefit from it.
    http://xkcd.com/293/
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand ternary, those who don't, and those who confuse it with binary.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: How do I use emerald theme?

Ok thanks for the help but I do found another way.

Install Emerald theme manager from the Software center. Then Install Compiz Fusion Icon from the Software center. Run Compiz Fusion Icon, after that you'll see the Compiz Fusion icon in your notification area. Right click the icon in the notification area and select "Emerald Theme Manager". The theme manager will appear and then you just import the .emerald theme there.

But before that, make sure you do this first before importing any .emerald theme.
    Right click on the Compiz Fusion icon on the notification area again and go to "Select Window Manager" and select Compiz.
    Right click on the Compiz Fusion icon on the notification area again and go to "Select Window Decorator" and select Emerald. Done.