Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Current theme...

Beans

Current theme...

Seriously I don't want to offend anyone but, the current forum theme is so ugly.. I don't think I can stand it anymore really.. I don't want to offend its creator who ever it was but I'm giving my opinion and also a reconsideration of a change of theme. I know you guys trying to save bandwitdh but right now this is like a bad theme of slashdot

Thanks and Sincerily,
    David
    A freelancer | The GIMP Compilation

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Re: Current theme...

What specifically do you not like about the theme? Is it usability or aesthetics?

Beans

I dig it

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by akurashy
    Seriously I don't want to offend anyone but, the current forum theme is so ugly.. I don't think I can stand it anymore really.. I don't want to offend its creator who ever it was but I'm giving my opinion and also a reconsideration of a change of theme. I know you guys trying to save bandwitdh but right now this is like a bad theme of slashdot

Thanks and Sincerily,
    David
    Some details would be helpfull
    This account is not active.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by akurashy

Thanks and Sincerily,
    David
    We are not attempting to save bandwidth with the new theme. We are moving toward having a clean base of code.

I'm sorry that you do not approve of it, but it is the layout design we have decided to stay with currently. We did ask for user input while we were moving to the cleaner template.
    ??? :: ubuntu is my OS soul mate
    UDSF :: Forum Policies :: Unanswered Posts :: Ruby :: Donate
    official ubuntu member
    :: ??????? :: so say we all

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

It seems fine to me. Nothing particularly unpleasant about it, other than minor cosmetic issues (such as the new reply button at the top looking slightly out of place due to the curved edge below it.
    Work in education? Then EduGeek is for you!

Introducing Ubuntu into our school since 2006.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by localzuk
    It seems fine to me. Nothing particularly unpleasant about it, other than minor cosmetic issues (such as the new reply button at the top looking slightly out of place due to the curved edge below it.
    Which will be fixed shortly
    My Blog | Forum Search | Forum Guidelines
    Please don't PM support questions--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi,

Hope my question hasn't been post to many times : Are you still working on the page width ?, because all is fine with the recent changes except for the width of the page and also some Code boxes which not fit in the page, tell me if you want some screenshots.

Anyway, i'm still impressed by the time you spent adding new features/themes, be sure that it's appreciated .
    Last edited by frodon; March 24th, 2006 at 01:33 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

What is wrong with the width? It is not bad at all now - on a 1280x1024 res screen (which I know is not 'the norm') I have a total of 1inch of brown (half each side). So on a lower res screen it should not be greater than that (it is relatively sized).

I think it is fine at the moment personally.

Another very very very minor issue I have just spotted is that the top bar (with the logo etc... on) is about 1or 2 pixels longer than the page body below, so overhangs *ever so slightly* on the left hand side.
    Work in education? Then EduGeek is for you!

Introducing Ubuntu into our school since 2006.

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

Well, if we're going to point out theme problems, every time I see a locked post, the text that says "Locked Post" or whatever, where the New Reply button is, overflows its table.

~Polly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast