Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No sound in Flash Player, using Ubuntu 10.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: No sound in Flash Player, using Ubuntu 10.04

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    Weird.
    What's weird is that this is a completely new problem since four version upgrades of Ubuntu to which I've readily and immediately embraced.... and the fact that I finally, ECSTATICALLY got surround sound from Lucid, which initially made me jump for joy, now again leaves me again confounded... It's frustrating: I follow all the rules -- I upgrade when told to, I have new, supposedly compatible hardware, and consult the forums extensively before whining about some simple fix... But yet I still have problems getting simple things like AUDIO working.... I swear - if I didn't' have such hatred for the big boys, I'd suck up in a minute and go back to Windows (gulp - did I just say that evil word?) if I knew I could just click something and have it play properly....

Can I possibly be alone here?

Beans

I had no sound in flash (games, chrome browser, etc) after installing kubuntu 10.04.
    But this problem was solved when I installed pulse audio (apt-get install padevchooser)

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I also had no audio for flash videos after installing Kubuntu 10.04 yesterday, however the fix for me was to open kmix and raise the PCM volume which was defaulted to off.

Hope this helps,

Link to where I explain the solution
    Last edited by Nerian; June 21st, 2010 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Added link to solution

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Thumbs down Re: No sound in Flash Player, using Ubuntu 10.04

Actually, I solved it with this webpage: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/OpenSound.

I hope that this will help you too!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Also having multiple plugins is not a good idea.

Install FLASH-AID extension for Firefox. It will remove conflicting plugins and install the proper flash version according to your browser architecture.

If you don't use Firefox or prefer to fix the problem from command-line, then see the Flash Optimization section of Firefox optimization and troubleshooting thread.

Also check of the PCM volume slider is all the way up.
    Installing flash-aid and checking the PCM slider fixed it for me. (On noticing PCM at 0, I probably didn't need flash-aid).

The PCM volume is in the mixer. In Kubuntu, click on the speaker icon (system tray), and click mixer. (It should be similar in Ubuntu) What was confusing was that the mixer did not appear at first, just a single volume slider. I had to click on "mixer" again to see the full mixer.

(As an added bonus, the mixer allows me to adjust the volume of this laptop's two headphone jacks independently of eachother.)

Beans

Ran into one variation when I upgraded from 10.04 to 10.10...

Noticed in Firefox, Tools -> Add-ons -> [Plugins] kept listing:

Shockwave Flash 9.0

While Software Center and Update Manager (and Synaptic Package Manager) all read:

Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85 (10.1.85.3-1maverick)

Opened Terminal

cd ~/.mozilla/plugins

ls

libflashplayer.so flashplayer.xpt <----- Ah hah...the old Flash 9 components

:/usr/lib/firefox/plugins$ ls -latr
    total 8
    drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 2010-09-21 18:40 ..
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 37 2010-09-21 18:48 flashplugin-alternative.so -> /etc/alternatives/firefox-flashplugin <--- The newer Flash 10...

cd ~/.mozilla/plugins
    rm *

Back to Firefox - now the Plugins lists Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85

And sound works fine again. (worked everywhere outside of Flash/Web).

</Doh! moment>

Beans

This is broken for me too, tried everything above and no dice. It has worked in the past, but it isn't now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Same problem here: sound on everything (including embeded .wmv) except Flash.

The thing is: before I had sound, in Flash and elsewhere but really low volume. When I put everything max it was barely audible.

Then I updated ALSA to the latest version using the script and instructions on http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...10#post6589810

After that sound volume was as it should be, but Flash didn't have any sound anymore.

In Sound Preferences on the Applications tab nothing shows up when I'm playing a Flash movie.

Any hints on how to solve this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I tried the Flash purge and reinstall.

I use chromium, but checked in Firefox if there weren't two version of Flash plugin installed and there weren't.

I tried about everything I could find here on the forum, but nothing works.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Wink Re: No sound in Flash Player, using Ubuntu 10.04

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    Also having multiple plugins is not a good idea.

Install FLASH-AID extension for Firefox. It will remove conflicting plugins and install the proper flash version according to your browser architecture.

If you don't use Firefox or prefer to fix the problem from command-line, then see the Flash Optimization section of Firefox optimization and troubleshooting thread.

Also check of the PCM volume slider is all the way up.
    Thank you ... fanstastic extension. It works for me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast