Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How To: Setting up numlock on start up

Beans

Re: How To: Setting up numlock on start up

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Soldier

thanks with it it worked

Beans

Hey I'm new to Ubuntu. I have this problem, anytime I want to change something, like the num lock feature on startup I get this message telling me I dont' have enough privileges to change the file (console tools). How do I change these privilege settings?Thanx

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by digilogman View Post
    Hey I'm new to Ubuntu. I have this problem, anytime I want to change something, like the num lock feature on startup I get this message telling me I dont' have enough privileges to change the file (console tools). How do I change these privilege settings?Thanx
    If the OS says you don't have privileges while you configure using the GUI, then you SHOULD be prompted with for the root password (remember, the password you first entered when you installed ubuntu?). Maybe you didn't install the system, and you are not the administrator. In that case you should talk with the system admin (the guy who installed ubuntu.) If you are asked for privileges while using Terminal, then you have to issue the [sudo] command (without brackets) at the beginning, which will prompt you for your root password (again read above for root password.) Hope that helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12