Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What is the best linux gaming Distro?

Beans

Re: What is the best linux gaming Distro?

Puppy Arcade of course, the operating system which plays Amiga (500, 1000, 2000), Apple (68k, 128k, 512k, SE, MacOS, Plus), Atari (ST, 800, 800XL, 130XE, 5200), Amstrad (CPC, Plus, VEB), Arcades, Colecovision, Commodore (64, 128, VIC20, PET), Doom, GameBoys (GB, GBC, GBA), GameGear, Genesis/MegaDrive, MasterSystem, MS DOS, MSX, N64, NDS, NeoGeo, NeoGeo CD, NES/Famicom, PC Engine/TurboGrafix, PSX, ScummVM, SNES and ZX Spectrum (16k, 48k, 128k, +2, +2A, +3) and more!

Beans

what i did was setup 2 computers... one for linux and one for windows.
    whatever i cant get to work on linux i run on windows.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by pr0t3g3 View Post
    BAH! if you ask me the reason no major games are made open source/ backwards compatible with all machines is the same reason we still use oil to power the world >.< I hate this planet... I seriously do How can I love it when I'm wading through ****.. seriously.. this planet sucks.. computers... people ... EVERYTHING... would it kill microsoft to be flexible? would it kill the ****ing rich oil riggers to use alternatives to oil even if they aren't as good?...
    Hello pr0t3g3,

From my brief experience, I would say go with Ubuntu either 12.10 or 13.10. Depending your hardware, which you havn't mentioned, would affect your gaming capabilities. As I have come to learn, my Radeon HD 4225-4250 is no longer supported by AMD, so I have to resolve to a basic graphics driver that does not include fully fleged 3D support. In other words, my 3D gaming is terrible, besides browser-based play.

On the other hand, I don't think oil entrepreneurs would effect your gaming. However, your attitude towards where you live and society certainly does, ".. seriously.. this planet sucks.. computers... people ... EVERYTHING..."

A straight jacket and no more coffee is what I would advise.

JROORBDSAONN
    Keep Calm and Linux On (Yes, that just happened)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Old thread closed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345