Thread: Assign application to IPv6 tunnel?

Beans

Assign application to IPv6 tunnel?

I've set up a Freenet6 IPv6 tunnel in 10.04 with gw6c and it seems to work great. I'm trying to access an IPv6 Usenet server. If I use Sabnzb+ with port 119, I can connect just fine (I assume because it's using Firefox, which also cooperates with the tunnel). I'm not a fan of Sabnzb+, however, I'd rather use Alt.Binz under Wine. Alt.Binz works just fine in Wine, but it seems as though it isn't using the tunnel. In Windows, I have to run this command:

netsh interface portproxy add v4tov6 listenport=1120 connectaddress=reader.ipv6.xsnews.nl connectport=119

Then I setup Alt.Binz to use server 127.0.0.1 and port 1120. How would I go about pulling this off in Ubuntu? Thanks.

[poo]

Beans

Re: Assign application to IPv6 tunnel?

Found the answer to my own question! Install 6tunnel from the repos and then run:

6tunnel 1120 reader.ipv6.xsnews.nl 119

Alt.Binz and Hellanzb are both now properly using the tunnel! Alt.Binz is really slow over x11vnc compared to Hellanzb over SSH, so I think I'll ditch Alt.Binz for the most part. But I needed that 6tunnel command regardless.

[poo]