Thread: Various OpenOffice types in the same document?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Various OpenOffice types in the same document?

Hi,

Im currently using OpenOffice.org Writer to write a hand in document for my course. I've come to the point where I want to create a graphical tree in Draw to present an idea and then add this document into writer.
    I've tried to use Insert -> Object -> OLE Object, and add the document as an inline frame. This looked pretty ugly though, either it's too small or there seems to be no way to just resize the frame without stretching the whole document into unreadability.

So, any ideas anyone? Thank you!
    PGP public key: 0xB39B0BA9

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Various OpenOffice types in the same document?

You could always try converting your tree into an image and then insert that into writer, probably not the best way but it is very easy to do and will allow you to scale the tree as an image to suite your needs.

If not hopefully an openoffice expert will have more idea as I rarely use draw and it's even rarer that I insert complex diagrams that arn't images into documents.
    I do not except responsibility for anything that goes wrong with any of the advice I give, be it a broken HDD, an entire computer or if you chop off your arms, follow anything I say at your own risk.
    http://www.rob-ward.co.uk

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Various OpenOffice types in the same document?

Quote Originally Posted by rob-ward View Post
    You could always try converting your tree into an image and then insert that into writer, probably not the best way but it is very easy to do and will allow you to scale the tree as an image to suite your needs.

If not hopefully an openoffice expert will have more idea as I rarely use draw and it's even rarer that I insert complex diagrams that arn't images into documents.
    Of course that could work, but it sounds more like some workaround to me. This is a deeply missed feature in OO.org..
    (..if someone else doesn't have a clue?)
    PGP public key: 0xB39B0BA9