Thread: Controlling ubuntu from Android (Java issue?)

Beans

Controlling ubuntu from Android (Java issue?)

I've seen a few apps that allow you to play music, movies..etc from android, but I'm looking for a VNC type application. I tried a few VNC programs in android and couldn't get it to refresh back to the phone.

I ran remotedroid on windows and was really impressed. I am having trouble running in on ubuntu.

http://www.remotedroid.net/

It says just run the jar, if i double click on it a compression utility opens up, if I right click and select open with OpenJDK java 6 runtime, then a I get the message:

The file '/home/user/Downloads/RemoteDroidServer/RemoteDroidServer.jar' is not marked as executable. If this was downloaded or copied form an untrusted source, it may be dangerous to run. For more details, read about the executable bit.

Any help or suggestion

UPDATE
    I just did chmod 700 and it's running, but can't get it to work 127.0.0.1 is what it's showing as the IP and I'm not able to get on, any help is appreciated
    Last edited by bone2006; May 24th, 2010 at 12:45 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Controlling ubuntu from Android (Java issue?)

This isn't a Cafe question, moved.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Controlling ubuntu from Android (Java issue?)

127.0.0.1 is the IP for localhost (to connect your machine to itself) You need to right click on your network manager icon and goto connection information to retrieve your network IP and connect to that IP.

ifconfig in a terminal window will also show your network settings and the ip address of your system.
    Last edited by Xanko; August 26th, 2010 at 08:30 PM.