Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 327

Thread: FLASH-AID: remove conflicting plugins and install proper flash plugin version

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Beans
    12,497
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: FLASH-AID: remove conflicting plugins and install proper flash plugin version

    Quote Originally Posted by cchhrriiss121212 View Post
    I see what you mean, but it seems redundant to do this twice, as it had already done this process once when I installed and again when the upgrade came out. It doesn't bother me that much, it is just a case of having to hit yes 3 times instead of once.

    Unless you think people are going to try different installations after installing this plugin? Which would be unusual of them as it seems to work nicely.
    If the upgrade doesn't include a new version of flash or if you are happy with your installation you can simply ignore the automatic execution and close the dialog. I'm going to work on a better method for upgrades. BTW, in the newest version, which hasn't been approved by Mozilla yet, the script is non-interactive. Before executing the script, the extension display the code to be executed, so you can read it and cancel. But once started, the script will execute without intervention. There is no need to type "y" 3 times anymore. Please let me know what you think about it.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Beans
    12,497
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: FLASH-AID: remove conflicting plugins and install proper flash plugin version

    A critical vulnerability has been identified a couple of days ago and Adobe is recommending the upgrade to version 10.1. Nevertheless, this version is not available in Ubuntu repositories yet and will not be available for 64bit users.

    I will release a new version of FLASH-AID as soon as Ubuntu updates the repositories and will remove support for flash 64bit entirely. Unfortunately, the 64bit version is no longer being supported by Adobe.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Beans
    78

    Re: FLASH-AID: remove conflicting plugins and install proper flash plugin version

    So is it suggested to go to the 32bit version of flash on x64 systems?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Beans
    2

    Re: FLASH-AID: remove conflicting plugins and install proper flash plugin version

    At first thanks a lot for this nice plug'in!

    Since I installed it I have a problem with Zattoo (a very popular free TV player). Zattoo uses flash player so I put it in its lib directory as it is explained on the Ubuntu website :
    ln -s /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/zattoo/

    However Zattoo said it doesn't have flash player installed. With the previous version (flash plugin installer from synaptic) the player was working.

    So do you think it is because Zattoo doesn't support flash player 64 bits? Is there some differences for an external program? Do you know a solution?

    Thanks a lot in advance for any help.

    Nocia

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Beans
    12,497
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: FLASH-AID: remove conflicting plugins and install proper flash plugin version

    Quote Originally Posted by PinchedNerve View Post
    So is it suggested to go to the 32bit version of flash on x64 systems?
    Unfortunately yes. Nevertheless, the version available in the repositories is still 10.0.45.2 at this moment. The new version of flash has already been accepted in the backports repository and should be available soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocia View Post
    So do you think it is because Zattoo doesn't support flash player 64 bits?
    Probably, because it should detect the player after creating the symlink with that command. Have you tried to re-create the symlink?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocia View Post
    Do you know a solution?
    Reinstall the 32bit version.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Beans
    12,497
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: FLASH-AID: remove conflicting plugins and install proper flash plugin version

    FLASH-AID 1.0.5 was released today and is available for download through the Stable Channel. It will be available at Mozilla site as soon it gets reviewed by Mozilla editors. It is also available through the Beta channel as 1.0.5rc, but it is identical to the final version. Beta Channel users can update through Firefox Add-on manager now.

    This version brings the new flash 10.1 and removes the support for 64bit version installation, due to the fact that Adobe is no longer releasing flash for 64bit and all available versions have a critical vulnerability. Nevertheless, 64bit users will be able to install the 32bit version, which uses nspluginwrapper.

    You should update the extension and install the new flash version as soon as possible.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Beans
    601

    Re: FLASH-AID: remove conflicting plugins and install proper flash plugin version

    Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    FLASH-AID 1.0.5 was released today and is available for download through the Stable Channel. It will be available at Mozilla site as soon it gets reviewed by Mozilla editors. It is also available through the Beta channel as 1.0.5rc, but it is identical to the final version. Beta Channel users can update through Firefox Add-on manager now.

    This version brings the new flash 10.1 and removes the support for 64bit version installation, due to the fact that Adobe is no longer releasing flash for 64bit and all available versions have a critical vulnerability. Nevertheless, 64bit users will be able to install the 32bit version, which uses nspluginwrapper.

    You should update the extension and install the new flash version as soon as possible.
    I have installed and run flash-aid 1.0.5 on Lucid 64-bit but the flash version reports 10.0.45.2!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Beans
    12,497
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: FLASH-AID: remove conflicting plugins and install proper flash plugin version

    Quote Originally Posted by xzero1 View Post
    I have installed and run flash-aid 1.0.5 on Lucid 64-bit but the flash version reports 10.0.45.2!
    You are probably using a mirror sever that hasn't been updated with this morning changes. See https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+archivemirrors

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tennessee, USA
    Beans
    675
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: FLASH-AID: remove conflicting plugins and install proper flash plugin version

    Were do I find this version? I get it from here. I open it with "apturl" (default) and it says downloading, then it gives the error (attached) "package 'adobe-flashplugin' is virtual. Where do I find the latest Flash player plug-in from adobe that will work? I use a 64-bit system.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --Corrytonapple----
    [Toshiba L455-S5008] [Intel Pentium 2.4GHz Procesor]
    [250GB HDD;4GB RAM] [Debian Wheezy 7.0 with GNOME 3][Fedora 16]

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Beans
    12,497
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: FLASH-AID: remove conflicting plugins and install proper flash plugin version

    Quote Originally Posted by corrytonapple View Post
    Were do I find this version? I get it from here. I open it with "apturl" (default) and it says downloading, then it gives the error (attached) "package 'adobe-flashplugin' is virtual. Where do I find the latest Flash player plug-in from adobe that will work? I use a 64-bit system.
    Run this command:

    Code:
    sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •