Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: FLASH-AID: remove conflicting plugins and install proper flash plugin version

Beans

Re: FLASH-AID: remove conflicting plugins and install proper flash plugin version

Quick question: After running the scrip in this plugin, am I suppose to get vdpau acceleration in my ION? I ran it and I still got no HW acceleration on youtube, with the nv drivers, compiz on and off.

Thanks in advance.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: FLASH-AID: remove conflicting plugins and install proper flash plugin version

Lovinglinux; If I start the terminal from Applications, then cut-and-paste the script into it, everything works fine. When I try to use the Execute button the terminal opens but the screen is blank and thats when I get the warning. My Gnome-terminal is in the bin/usr directory so I can't figure out what is going wrong. However, using the cut-and-paste works fine for me. Thanks for the help again.

Beans

Problem solved!

Maybe it would be a good idea for Flash-aid to include this:

Code:
    Open (or create) /etc/adobe/mms.cfg and put this in it:

EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1
    As I had to do this with the new version of Flash in order to have vdpau acceleration.

beew is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans

Quote Originally Posted by onemanclapping View Post
    Problem solved!

Code:

As I had to do this with the new version of Flash in order to have vdpau acceleration.

Thanks a lot for the tip man, now it works perfectly, tested on firefox and Opera. How would I figure that out without the Ubuntu forum?

Hope there will be better flash support for Linux overall in the future, not just for those who have the right Nvidia cards.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by onemanclapping View Post
    Problem solved!

Code:

Thanks. I will include in the next version.

Beans
    Distro

Flash-Aid 2.0.3 was released today and is available for download.

Changelog

- added xfce4-terminal detection
    - fixed downloaded plugin tar package deletion
    - added cache bypass to update check
    - added vdpau hardware acceleration tweak
    - added script export button
    - umask issue fix

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by static chaser View Post
    Lovinglinux; If I start the terminal from Applications, then cut-and-paste the script into it, everything works fine. When I try to use the Execute button the terminal opens but the screen is blank and thats when I get the warning. My Gnome-terminal is in the bin/usr directory so I can't figure out what is going wrong. However, using the cut-and-paste works fine for me. Thanks for the help again.
    I have released version 2.0.3, which has an export button. So you just need to click it to export the script to your desktop, then drag it to a terminal. It does not fix your problem, but provides a convenient workaround.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I had trouble viewing 720p flash videos last week so I installed flash-aid and it fixed the issue. Today, however, even 480p is choppy, and I have no idea what happened. I have run flash-aid several times today. It keeps downloading the same file every time, flashplayer10_2_p3_64bit_linux_111710.tar.gz, and it completes without errors. I have this version installed now: 10.3 d162.

EDIT: I tried switching to expert mode and using the Adobe 32-bit version instead of the default 64-bit beta, so now I have 10.2 r152 installed but the problem persists.

EDIT: This is strange. Rebooting seems to have fixed the issue. Now I can view 720p fullscreen again. Why would rebooting fix it when restarting firefox would not?
    Last edited by jfd3220; February 21st, 2011 at 08:47 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I ran Flash-aid, and was really hopeful, but it didn't fix my problem: watching youtube in fullscreen... Any suggestions anyone?

32bit Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro V2010, 2gbram, 13"

EDIT: I tried rebooting, but it didn't fix the problem. Still white(ish) screen instead of video in fullscreen...
    Last edited by findelmundo; February 23rd, 2011 at 01:42 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by findelmundo View Post
    I ran Flash-aid, and was really hopeful, but it didn't fix my problem: watching youtube in fullscreen... Any suggestions anyone?

32bit Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro V2010, 2gbram, 13"

EDIT: I tried rebooting, but it didn't fix the problem. Still white(ish) screen instead of video in fullscreen...
    I'm no expert but your machine might not have the power for fullscreen flash video. I have an old Sony Vaio with similar specs and can't watch video with that either. Here are the specs of yours: http://www.ciao.co.uk/Productinforma...ition__6101108.

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast