Thread: USB2VGA Adapter

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

USB2VGA Adapter

I have a USB2VGA IOGear GUC2015V, and when plugged it in, the monitor I have connected to it went green. Has anyone had success getting it working?

I've googled/searched the forums, but everything I've seen seems to be outdated. I would put a PCI card in the computer instead, but the computer is a Dell Studio One that is all in the screen, so I can't add a card. Any advice would be appreciated.
    "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah." - Ash J Williams

That works as well as not following every step in a tutorial or walkthrough.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: USB2VGA Adapter

never heard of such hadware
    Monitor: LG flatron w1954s 22", mobo: G31-m7 series, CPU: Intel LGA 775 Intel core duo 2 2,66GHZ, RAM: 3GB, GPU: ATI Radeom HD 2400, Storage: 500GB SATA and 80GB IDE, Windows 7 ultimate and Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: USB2VGA Adapter

Quote Originally Posted by bobbob1016 View Post
    I have a USB2VGA IOGear GUC2015V, and when plugged it in, the monitor I have connected to it went green. Has anyone had success getting it working?

I've googled/searched the forums, but everything I've seen seems to be outdated. I would put a PCI card in the computer instead, but the computer is a Dell Studio One that is all in the screen, so I can't add a card. Any advice would be appreciated.
    I seriously doubt that these devices are supported under Linux, you may want to check with the manufacturer to see if they have Linux support or drivers.
    Regards, David.
    Please use the Forum search and Wiki search for immediate help
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate
    New to technical forums?: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way