Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The reason Linux isn't used by most

Beans

Re: The reason Linux isn't used by most

Lol lovely, another user who is keen to tell us what is "wrong" with Linux. People expect to come from windows and not have to learn anything. Linux is not windows, you need to make the effort, if you don't want to, stick with windows.

I don't see how hard it is to go to the software center and type netbeans, then click install
    - "Make me a coffee..."
    - "No"
    - "sudo make me a coffee"
    - "OK"

Beans

Some applications can be installed easily as you say. But most of them are not. Maybe it is taken for granted that those who use Linux can all handle terminals.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by McRat View Post
    The reason Linux isn't used by most, is because there are more Windows machines. Seems simplistic, but that is the reason.

If you wanted hardcore, you should have been around in the DOS days or early Windows. Makes Ubuntu look like it was preinstalled.

CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT files and BIOS settings were CRITICAL. Screw up one byte, you're DOA, and you might not get a reason for it. You had to carefully read instructions, and often had to open the computer case (Jumpers Anyone?) to load software that was hardware specific.

But, DOS and <3.11 Win were "used by most". How could that be? Apples were more "plug and play", so they SHOULD have gotten more use if setup was the cause.
    This.

People want to be spoon fed and complain bitterly when they aren't. Whatever.
    This is a signature. It is original.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by KdotJ View Post
    Lol lovely, another user who is keen to tell us what is "wrong" with Linux.
    Yeah, you know what's wrong with Windows? They GET way more Viruses than Linux, if any.
    Best thing that ever happened to me on Ubuntu Forums: http://i.imgur.com/itEJe.png

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123