Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Wallpaper

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

New Wallpaper

Hey all, I thought I'd do a bit of photoshopping so I decided to jump on the new ubuntu colours badwagon and produce something.

Here it is...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/662241/Ubuntu_Wallpaper.png

I was thinking of putting in an Ubuntu logo or something to identify it. If someone has an idea for it please go ahead and modify it and post it back here for show

Cheers,
    Dave.

Beans
    Distro

Re: New Wallpaper

nobody likey?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by davbren View Post
    nobody likey?
    lol, that's not it
    Maybe nobody knows what to do with it.
    Personnaly, I prefer to put a photograph than an abstract color. But that's just me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by NTHQ View Post
    lol, that's not it
    Personnaly, I prefer to put a photograph than an abstract color. But that's just me.
    good backdrop!
    add something like this to it to gain interest (hehe)
    Last edited by sidzen; June 1st, 2010 at 07:16 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by NTHQ View Post
    lol, that's not it
    Personally, I prefer to put a photograph than an abstract color. But that's just me.
    Yeah, it is nice for what it is, but I am not really a fan of abstract backgrounds so I personally would not use it. I used to enjoy abstract works and vectors with simple colours, but nowadays I prefer artsy stuff which incites thought within me and others.

As an example, my current background incites deep feelings related to how the girl is morning the loss of the clockwork android whose head she is holding. I also like to think she is an android as well, and the background tends to resonate the idea that everyone has feelings, no matter what the world wants to think.

And on an entirely aesthetic note, the artwork is absolutely smashing as well. Hope this helps you understand why there might not be a ton of lovers of this. You have to remember that everyone's tastes in art are different, and not every form of art can speak to them even if they can respect it and like it for what it is. Something has to fall in line with what someone loves that you get the "omg this is exactly what I was looking for" comments. Cheers.

Beans
    Distro

That's fair enough. I wasn't really looking for adoration of any sort lol. I was hoping to develop some Ubuntu specific backgrounds though. I understand that everything is down to personal preference and I'd probably change this from my own background soon enough.

I do, however, see a pattern with default wallpapers. They all tend to be abstract art. They also advertise the OS in what ever way they can. Thats the look I'm after. I think we need more, professional looking wallpapers that advertise Ubuntu. I know that this is nowhere near that but it maybe a start.

for example there a countless apple mac wallpapers that mac users have on their desktop because they are proud to use the apple machine. I think we should have similar art with the aim of similar sentiment. Of course I don't mean copy the art style per se. More, portray the same dedication to the cause.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Well, I like it, if it helps , but I prefer something saying "Linux Join the revolution," or something with Ubuntu, or linux on it,

Beans
    Distro

Well yh thats what I was wondering. I have no idea how to integrate that so I was hoping someone else might wanna edit it or at least provide a mockup...

I'll keep trying

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Decided to have ago at integrating the ubuntu logo into the wallpaper, not sure how good it is but i'm a software engineer not a designer so you know.....

anyway thought I would upload it for people to see/mock

http://www.rob-ward.net/storage/ubun...uWallpaper.png
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I do not except responsibility for anything that goes wrong with any of the advice I give, be it a broken HDD, an entire computer or if you chop off your arms, follow anything I say at your own risk.
    http://www.rob-ward.co.uk

Beans
    Distro

Oo I kinda like that. I'll see if I can do anything like that lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast