Thread: Few indicators are missing

Beans

Few indicators are missing

Hi, i have pressed "Remove from panel" on keyboard indicator from the top toolbar with will to add it on the lower one. It has disappeared along with network connections. They're missing in the "Add to panel" list. Thanx for help. I am using ubuntu 10.04. There are no problems in older versions.
    Last edited by Thrashard; May 18th, 2010 at 10:04 PM.

Beans

Re: Few indicators are missing

Up!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

yet another indicator applet remove,

Had the same problem,

here is how it should be done:

RIGHT CLICK where you want it click "add to panel" then find "Indicator Applet" and click!

now you should get your sound icon + universal acces + mailing icon

if you want to remove universal acces, don't right click and say remove from panel, instead do this:

1.) click "ALT + F2" (you should get a little box up saying "run application") type
    Code:
    gnome-keyboard-properties
    ENTER
    2.) A window saying "keyboard Preferences" should just had popped up, choose the tab "Accessibility" and uncheck the box saying "Accessibility features can be toggled with keyboard shortcuts".
    3.) Log out and Log in, or restart, and TAADAAA

hope this helps, cheers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

try this

RIGHT CLICK where you want it click "add to panel" then find "Indicator Applet" and click!

now you should get your sound icon + universal acces + mailing icon

if you want to remove universal acces, don't right click and say remove from panel, instead do this:

1.) click "ALT + F2" (you should get a little box up saying "run application") type
    Code:
    gnome-keyboard-properties
    ENTER
    2.) A window saying "keyboard Preferences" should just had popped up, choose the tab "Accessibility" and uncheck the box saying "Accessibility features can be toggled with keyboard shortcuts".
    3.) Log out and Log in, or restart, and TAADAAA

Cheers, the thing is it's something called indicator applet, it have a diffrent icon under "Add to panel"

EDIT: seems it came out twice..., very strange... sorry about double output!
    Last edited by Dkkline; May 19th, 2010 at 02:02 PM.

Beans

It didn't help me. I've got only sound/mail applet now but there's no keyboard indicator.

EDIT: I have realised that in 10.04 keyboard indicator is included in the notification area. That sucks.
    Last edited by Thrashard; May 19th, 2010 at 04:06 PM.