Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with dual screen on Lucid with ATI radeon X600

Beans

Problem with dual screen on Lucid with ATI radeon X600

Hello !

I got a new computer at work ; previously, an older version of ubuntu was installed, and the dual screen worked well.

I install lucid lynx from scratch, and I wanted to put 2 screens. But no way, it does not work...

The 2 screens are seen by ubuntu... I have put an extended desktop, and it seems to work, because I can go to the left of the screen with the mouse. But the second screen is black, as if the computer was turned off...

I have tested a lot of manipulations seen in forums or else, with xrandr, etc. But my screen is still black...

If someone have any idea...

Thanks a lot

Beans

Re: Problem with dual screen on Lucid with ATI radeon X600

noone has a solution ??

Beans

I have the same problem. I have an external monitor attached to my notebook, and Lynx recognises it correctly, and the mouse disappears into it, but the monitor itself is a black void. Also some applications, such as calculator, start up in the (dead) external monitor, where I can't reach them!
    I have only just installed Ubuntu for the first time. The dual screen works fine on Windows.
    Can anyone help....please?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I had some issues w/ a new video card. I reversed the ports I had the monitors plugged into and it helped me get the settings correct. I have a dual screen setup w/ Nvidia workin fine I did the upgrade from Koala to Lynx flawlessly. Good luck !
    IndieBudgetMovieMaker.com
    Low Budget Video Production w/ Linux

Beans

Thanks LuridCinema. However this might help with a desktop PC, but won't help me as I have a laptop with only one external monitor port. Seems from the lack of response to these posts that it is a pretty random problem.
    As I said, I am a Linux/Ubuntu virgin, so is there any other site I can go to?

Beans

I have found a partial solution - I previously had a VGA-DVI connection, but have reconnected with VGA-VGA. The image is not sharp, but hey, we are getting somewhere.

Beans

I have not found any solution for the moment. I am on a desktop PC, with two DVI connection. If I switch the connections, I still have a monitor which does not work.

If someone has any idea...

Tks !

Beans

I am having the same problem. I have found that I can get the other monitor to work if I have it off, then switch my laptop to off and the other monitor to on. Then the other monitor will work alone. Then if I turn my laptop back on it will display both but the second monitor will be fuzzy.

Hope to find a solution.

Beans

For information, I tried with a live cd (to have the same driver has first installed), and I have the same problem...

Still looking for help !

Thanks !

Beans

Same issue here. If anyone has any idea of a fix let me know!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast