Thread: Blackberry not detected

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Blackberry not detected

I am trying to connect my blackberry to my Ubuntu computer via USB. It seems the computer is aware that I have plugged in the device. When I run dmesg I saw the following messages:

[10732.484149] usb 2-1: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 5
    [10732.618290] usb 2-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
    [10732.625770] scsi5 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
    [10732.626045] usb-storage: device found at 5
    [10732.626050] usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
    [10732.836712] usb 2-1: usbfs: interface 1 claimed by usb-storage while 'bcharge' sets config #1
    [10733.948158] usb 2-1: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 5
    But even though there are no obvious errors here, a link to the device is nowhere to be found. Any hints?

Beans

Re: Blackberry not detected

Hey, i have the same problem...

I can back up my Blackberry using "barrybackup" no problem, my laptop will detect it...

The only problem is, it wont detect my BB as a storage device.

Because of this, i cant transfer any pictures or MP3`s...

Well, i hope someone have a solution for this issue...

Beans

My Blackberry 8220 is doing the same thing, and I think it started when I upgraded my distribution to lucid. I plug in the USB cable, but no "drive" appears on the desktop where I expect it to appear as an icon.

Beans

I'm in the same boat with my 9530. I can back mine up with Barry as well but I'm unable to access it as a storage device. I used to all the time in 9.10. This is absolutely a problem that has come up with the new distro. If I don't see a solution soon, I'll have to go back to 9.1. I'm getting pretty frustrated.

Beans

Nearly 250 views and not one suggestion. This isn't looking good. I'm going to file a bug report and see what comes of it.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

You should hear what happens to my Blackberry Storm when I plug it up to my computer.... It completely reboots the phone.... continuously...... without end.

I haven't taken any care to fix it because I really have no use for plugging my bb into linux, can't do a reliable firmware update like that, and my syncing is all wireless.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I think bcharge from barry is the problem here

Code:
    [10732.836712] usb 2-1: usbfs: interface 1 claimed by usb-storage while 'bcharge' sets config #1
    [10733.948158] usb 2-1: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 5
    Do you use 0.15 from Lucid repos? I had the same problem with this version.

I removed it

Code:
    sudo apt-get remove barrybackup-gui opensync-plugin-barry barry-util libbarry0 libbarry-dev
    and installed Barry 0.17.1 for Ubuntu 10.04 with libbarry0, barry-util, barrybackup-gui, libbarry-dev and opensync-plugin-barry_0.17-1.

It works like a charme.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by imho74 View Post

Code:
    sudo apt-get remove barrybackup-gui opensync-plugin-barry barry-util libbarry0 libbarry-dev
    and installed Barry 0.17.1 for Ubuntu 10.04 with libbarry0, barry-util, barrybackup-gui, libbarry-dev and opensync-plugin-barry_0.17-1.

It works like a charme.
    I think the barry-util tool is a command line tool??? What about the barrybackup-gui? Is that a command line tool as well??
    Last edited by nomko; June 20th, 2011 at 08:12 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

The command
    Code:
    barrybackup
    launches a GUI (that doesn’t appear anywhere in my Applications menu) that lets you back up your device databases. See also http://thelinuxexperiment.com/tag/barrybackup/