Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adobe CS5

Beans

Adobe CS5

Anyone know how to get or where to go to look at getting Dreamweaver CS5 working on Ubuntu 10.04

Any idea why they are still just not creating a linux version of the CS5 suite, it would seem to me this is a growing platform full of the people that would utilise these tools...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Adobe CS5

Its a growing platform full of people used to free software man! And they know it. If it grows like it is, it will be some time before they make a decision to port. I mean, Linux grows and Ubuntu is its messiah (for not and hopefully for long), but it is still a way to go in terms of percentage of users that would make it justified for Adobe to port to.

I have seen oh Wine HQ that CS4 is supposed to be working fine under Wine and even install now. I really hoped that this time they would make an app that would take to account Wine users with CS5 and it would actually be loading better in Wine. But they have evidently not only ignored that, but even added more things that break it under Wine. I wonder if there's a Big Brother behind this misfortune.

Beans

Will not run by default in Wine, i'm receiving an error, something about Adobe Manager.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

You can get that error message overwritten by typing

Code:
    $wine Set-up.exe --mode=silent
    However the progress bar of the installer disapears, and of course, CS5 won't install, even if installer states it did.

This is the result of the above operation, I hope it helps for a more skilled dude.
    Code:
    fixme:console:AttachConsole stub ffffffff
    Starting installer...
    UI mode : Silent.
    fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
    fixme:file:MoveFileWithProgressW MOVEFILE_WRITE_THROUGH unimplemented
    fixme:advapi:SetNamedSecurityInfoW L"C:\\Archivos de programa\\Archivos comunes\\Adobe\\AAMUpdaterInventory\\1.0\\AdobeApplicationManager-1.0\\ChannelDescription.xml" 1 4 (nil) (nil) (nil) (nil)
    fixme:console:AttachConsole stub ffffffff
    Installation successful.
    Exiting Installer with Code: 0
    This is my distro, wine and Winetricks version.
    Code:
    Ubuntu: 10.04 64 bits Wine: 1.1.44 Winetricks: 0.0+20100424-0ubuntu1
    Last edited by ophthop; May 19th, 2010 at 02:28 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

what is the point of linking this?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thumbs down Re: Adobe CS5

Hi Guys,

The installer on Dreamweaver CS5 doesn't work as of yet with Ubuntu however it can be run by copying files from a windows partition or virtual box..

Here is how i done it...(using Kubuntu 10.04 and Wine 1.2)

Code:
    sudo apt-get autoremove wine
    This will get rid of the Wine version that you already have.

Code:
    rm -r -v .wine
    Removes the Wine directory

Code:
    sudo apt-get install wine
    Installs a fresh version of wine WEYHEY!
    This may take a while

Code:
    winecfg
    This will now configure your wine installation. If you get an error message here its possible that you haven't deleted your old .wine folder

The next step is to install the Dreamweaver dependencies. For this i cheated and used winetricks

Code:
    wget http://www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks
    chmod +x winetricks
    This will download the winetricks script and change its privileges to be executable

Code:
    sh winetricks gdiplus gecko dcom98 vcrun2008 ie6 msxml3 vcrun2005sp1
    Above should install the requirements. Fingers Crossed

When this is all done, next is the tricky bit. I dual booted into windows xp sp3 and installed my Dreamweaver CS5 on there. I then pressed windows + R and ran regedit and exported the keys from localmachine software adobe saving them in my C:.

Just a quick note, my xp partition is 32bit and the dreamweaver installation is also 32 bit. In Ubuntu i am using 64bit but i have the 32bit library installed . not sure if this will effect anything.

Back into lovely ubuntu i mounted my xp volume and copied (from the top of my head so dont follow links exactly):

c:/Program Files/Adobe/ into .wine/drive_c/program files/adobe

c:/Program Files/common files/adobe into .wine/drive_c/program files/common files/adobe

c:/documents and settings/mynamebutyourswillbedifferent/application data/adobe to wine/drive_c/users/mynamebutyourswillbedifferent/applications data/adobe

c:/windows/system32/odbc32.dll to .wine/drive_c/windows/system32/odbc32.dll

c:/windows/system32/odbcint.dll to .wine/drive_c/windows/system32/odbcint.dll

I then copied the adobe registry keys which i exported from regedit into my user area folder.

Code:
    wine regedit adobe.reg
    This should import your registry keys into wine. To be honest i think i encountered an error message here (i installed it last night at about 2am so i cant remember too much). i just googled it and found an override in wine to combat it.

next we need to override the odbc32 and odbcint in the wine cfg so run wine config again

Code:
    winecfg
    Click the libraries tab and from the drop down box select odbc32. then select built in then native. Do the same for odbcint (you may have to just type it into the drop down box and press enter)

Edit: Thanks to Vehuel for this step!

Another override is rpcrt4. Edit it to be Built in then native also!

Cheers again Vehuel

and finally we should be good to go!

cd to the dreamweaver exe, for me it was:
    Code:
    cd .wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Adobe/Adobe\ Dreamweaver\ CS5/
    and finally run

Code:
    wine Dreamweaver.exe
    Any problems just comment or PM

Tom
    Last edited by firefly2005; May 29th, 2010 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Thanks to Vehuel ive added the extra override

Beans

firefly2005 tutorial worked nice for me.

About regedit error, run winecfg, goto Library, select rpcrt4 then Edit and select Builtin then Native.

Try to run dreamweaver.

If you get a error like it

Code:
    fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT" (8.0.50727.762)
    fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT" (8.0.50608.0)
    fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT" (8.0.50727.762)
    err:module:import_dll Library mfc90u.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Arquivos de programas\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\Workspace.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library Workspace.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Arquivos de programas\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\Dreamweaver.exe") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library mfc90u.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Arquivos de programas\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\Dreamweaver.exe") not found
    err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Arquivos de programas\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\Dreamweaver.exe" failed, status c0000135
    run sh winetricks vcrun2005sp1 again.

Good luck and thank you very much firefly2005!

Sorry my poor english.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

No problem Vehuel and thanks for the tip! =D

Will hopefully amend the guide to include your step

Cheers again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

This is good to know,.. I am working on installing Ableton right now,.. but this is next on my roster...

Vehuel can you help me out with Ableton?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast