Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adobe CS5

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Adobe CS5

I've done everything you say but i get an error message like this:

err:module:attach_process_dlls "odbc32.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
    err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\Dreamweaver.exe" failed, status c0000005
    I've tried a lot of odbc32.dll file but could not solve the problem.

system info:
    Ubuntu 10.04 x64
    Wine 1.2 rc2

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

See another issue is,.. a new security feature for CS5 is that they have built into the program that even if you insert a serial, it has to connect to there server and verify it. And I highly doubt wine will be capable of such a thing because of the port issue. So even if you got it installed, serial entered, it's only a matter of time before it will shut itself off. I think it works on how many times you load it or something..

Anyway,... If need be,.. PM me and we will talk about it...

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Well it hasn't happened so far. Maybe as the reg keys are imported from windows and it was activated on windows? I'm using the same technique that i used to install adobe cs4 and i never came across that problem. Without digging myself a massive hole, the naughty people who use illegal copies of adobe programs change the hosts file so that when adobe tries to phone home, it is looped back to the program and cannot connect. So if anything, unix is doing them a favour?

nordstern: did you copy the odbc32.dll from a windows xp partition? And have you set the overrides in winecfg? Is it a clean install of wine?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by firefly2005 View Post
    Hi Guys,

The installer on Dreamweaver CS5 doesn't work as of yet with Ubuntu however it can be run by copying files from a windows partition or virtual box..

Here is how i done it...(using Kubuntu 10.04 and Wine 1.2)

Code:
    sudo apt-get autoremove wine
    This will get rid of the Wine version that you already have.

Code:
    rm -r -v .wine
    Removes the Wine directory

Code:
    sudo apt-get install wine
    Installs a fresh version of wine WEYHEY!
    This may take a while

Code:
    winecfg
    This will now configure your wine installation. If you get an error message here its possible that you haven't deleted your old .wine folder

The next step is to install the Dreamweaver dependencies. For this i cheated and used winetricks

Code:
    wget http://www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks
    chmod +x winetricks
    This will download the winetricks script and change its privileges to be executable

Code:
    sh winetricks gdiplus gecko dcom98 vcrun2008 ie6 msxml3 vcrun2005sp1
    Above should install the requirements. Fingers Crossed

When this is all done, next is the tricky bit. I dual booted into windows xp sp3 and installed my Dreamweaver CS5 on there. I then pressed windows + R and ran regedit and exported the keys from localmachine software adobe saving them in my C:.

Just a quick note, my xp partition is 32bit and the dreamweaver installation is also 32 bit. In Ubuntu i am using 64bit but i have the 32bit library installed . not sure if this will effect anything.

Back into lovely ubuntu i mounted my xp volume and copied (from the top of my head so dont follow links exactly):

c:/Program Files/Adobe/ into .wine/drive_c/program files/adobe

c:/Program Files/common files/adobe into .wine/drive_c/program files/common files/adobe

c:/documents and settings/mynamebutyourswillbedifferent/application data/adobe to wine/drive_c/users/mynamebutyourswillbedifferent/applications data/adobe

c:/windows/system32/odbc32.dll to .wine/drive_c/windows/system32/odbc32.dll

c:/windows/system32/odbcint.dll to .wine/drive_c/windows/system32/odbcint.dll

I then copied the adobe registry keys which i exported from regedit into my user area folder.

Code:
    wine regedit adobe.reg
    This should import your registry keys into wine. To be honest i think i encountered an error message here (i installed it last night at about 2am so i cant remember too much). i just googled it and found an override in wine to combat it.

next we need to override the odbc32 and odbcint in the wine cfg so run wine config again

Code:
    winecfg
    Click the libraries tab and from the drop down box select odbc32. then select built in then native. Do the same for odbcint (you may have to just type it into the drop down box and press enter)

Edit: Thanks to Vehuel for this step!

Another override is rpcrt4. Edit it to be Built in then native also!

Cheers again Vehuel

and finally we should be good to go!

cd to the dreamweaver exe, for me it was:
    Code:
    cd .wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Adobe/Adobe\ Dreamweaver\ CS5/
    and finally run

Code:
    wine Dreamweaver.exe
    Any problems just comment or PM

Tom
    hi firefly,
    i am new to linux or ubuntu.
    i have install ubuntu 10.04 64 bit ver
    i have master collection of adobe cs5
    i tried to install many times in few weeks and failed.
    now i try your method too, unfortunately i don't have windows installed.
    i am getting error like below,
    ===============================================
    Fontconfig error: "~/.fonts.conf", line 1: XML declaration not well-formed
    Fontconfig error: "~/.fonts.conf", line 1: XML declaration not well-formed
    Trying to load PE image for unsupported architecture (AMD-64)
    errrocess:create_process starting 64-bit process L"Z:\\home\\thushyanthan\\Desktop\\adobe_cs5\\setu p.exe" not supported on this environment
    wine: Bad EXE format for Z:\home\thushyanthan\Desktop\adobe_cs5\setup.exe

===============================================

is there any way to install , please help me put
    thanks in advance

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Hi there!

I have installed all the posted winetricks dependencies including vcrun2005sp1 with all mentioned libraries loaded and set builtin,native and I am still getting these errors:

fixme:actctx: parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT"

err:module:import_dll Library mfc90u.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\Workspace.dll") not found

I am using Ubuntu 10.04
    copied files from a fresh (and reluctant), install of Vista
    wine 1.1.44

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I have this problem (

Code:
    fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC90.CRT" (9.0.21022.8)
    fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC90.CRT" (9.0.21022.8)
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP90.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\AdobePSL.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library AdobePSL.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\Fireworks Library.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library Fireworks Library.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\Dreamweaver.exe") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP90.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\CoreTypes.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library CoreTypes.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\NetIO.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP90.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\NetIO.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library NetIO.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\Dreamweaver.exe") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP90.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\CoreTypes.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library CoreTypes.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\Dreamweaver.exe") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP90.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\AdobeOwl.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library AdobeOwl.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\Dreamweaver.exe") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP90.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\LogSession.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library LogSession.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\Dreamweaver.exe") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP90.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\AlcidDLL.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library AlcidDLL.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\Dreamweaver.exe") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP90.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\boost_date_time.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library boost_date_time.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\dvacore.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP90.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\boost_date_time.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library boost_date_time.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\boost_threads.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP90.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\boost_threads.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library boost_threads.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\dvacore.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP90.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\dvacore.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library dvacore.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\Dreamweaver.exe") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library boost_date_time.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\dvaui.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library boost_date_time.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\boost_threads.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP90.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\boost_threads.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library boost_threads.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\dvaui.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library boost_date_time.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\dvacore.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library boost_threads.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\dvacore.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP90.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\dvacore.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library dvacore.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\dvaui.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP90.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\dvaui.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library dvaui.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\Dreamweaver.exe") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP90.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\AdobeLinguistic.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library AdobeLinguistic.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\Dreamweaver.exe") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP90.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\adbeape.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library adbeape.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\Dreamweaver.exe") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP90.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\boost_system.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library boost_system.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\boost_filesystem.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP90.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\boost_filesystem.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library boost_filesystem.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\Dreamweaver.exe") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library boost_threads.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\Dreamweaver.exe") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library boost_date_time.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\Dreamweaver.exe") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP90.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\boost_system.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library boost_system.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\Dreamweaver.exe") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library dvacore.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\Workspace.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library boost_date_time.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\dvaui.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library boost_threads.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\dvaui.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library dvacore.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\dvaui.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP90.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\dvaui.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library dvaui.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\Workspace.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP90.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\AdobeOwl.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library AdobeOwl.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\Workspace.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library mfc90u.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\Workspace.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP90.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\Workspace.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library Workspace.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\Dreamweaver.exe") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library boost_threads.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\dvaadameve.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP90.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\boost_signals.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library boost_signals.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\dvaadameve.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library boost_system.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\dvaadameve.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library dvacore.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\dvaadameve.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library dvaui.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\dvaadameve.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library boost_system.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\boost_filesystem.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP90.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\boost_filesystem.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library boost_filesystem.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\dvaadameve.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP90.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\boost_regex.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library boost_regex.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\dvaadameve.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP90.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\dvaadameve.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library boost_date_time.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\dvaadameve.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library dvaadameve.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\Dreamweaver.exe") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library mfc90u.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\Dreamweaver.exe") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP90.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\Dreamweaver.exe") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP90.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\boost_signals.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library boost_signals.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\Dreamweaver.exe") not found
    err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\\Dreamweaver.exe" failed, status c0000135
    How to fix that ( I need this for school

Beans

Guys, thank you all for the help on installing DreamWeaver CS5. I must say that I am still in doubt whether to run it on virtual windows + DW or under native Ubuntu support as for a few things that can stop you working with DW directly. However everything has its own price and I will just mention some inconveniences I have for now.

Everything worked like a charm according to the instructions. However I did few steps further to improve my DW. For the tests I used a vbox virtual Windows XP in which I have installed DreamWeaver CS5 according to the instructions. After the end of the installation I did run an update, and got about 25MB of DreamWeaver program update as well as few libs/extensions. Only after that I did transferred all the files listed in the beginning of this posting.

!!!PLEASE READ!!! If you are intending to use a torrent version of DW CS5, I suggest you to create a folder `etc` in ./wine/drive_c/windows/system32/driver and in which to place your hosts file. I am not sure whether this is ever used under linux, however under windows without it you will have problems. I do suggest though to used the officialy bought version as by doing such you support the developers and give hope to the world that one day we will all have a native Linux support.

What I have tried is to run a live preview on the DreamWeaver side with my local installation of LAMP (I will not go over it as there are billions of simple and clean instructions how to do that). So I must say that I did not expected it to work, but it did. The local preview is working, the file follower (I am not sure whether it is called like that) also works, so everything works fine. When I tried to do some style modifications and tried to save it, it shown up an error window stating I have no rights to write in that files. Well I cannot expect anything else since I am trying to write with my regular user under /var/www/... . So I thought what will be the simpliest sollution and i have so far two however I am not pretty sure which one exposes your server (if it is a directly connected to Internet). The first that worked like a charm for me was to simply ` sudo chmod -R 777 /var/www/ ` and not to care about the security as far as my server is configured to work in localhost ONLY! The other trick I think should work but I did not tried and consider riskier is to run the DreamWeaver under the Root rights, however you might mess up your whole system with just few clicks.

Now the fun starts here! I have started thinking how can I avoid installing DreamWeaver every single time when I want it to run on another Ubuntu machine, so I guess I have found a solution. If I simply backup my .wine folder I will have all the imported from windows registries, as well as all the updated Adobe/DreamWeaver files. So all I will have to do is to write down a simple bash script to remove any previous wine installations, install the latest, install the winetricks with all the libraries and create a shortcut. I am still testing it as I do have only one Ubuntu desktop at home, but I will have results in few days and will keep you informed.

So if we manage to keep it that way, one can even make a visual installer and call himself UBADOBE (Ubuntu Adobe) or something else.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I cannot say that I am a linux guru, so everybody that have some patience and ability to follow exact instructions, can have the same results as me. My pc is not one of the powerful machines (Asus P4P800-SE, CPU: Pentium IV-1.6Ghz,3GB DDR2 (if I am not wrong), 120GB HDD, Nvidia GeForce 5200-128 )

Will stay in touch and once again - thanks for the great howto. I am starting to digg on the UBADOBE

Beans
    Distro

Thank you firefly2005 and Vehuel, his post is brilliant!

After following your instructions I have managed to get almost all of the the CS5 Creative Suite running beautifully on Ubuntu 10.10. However when trying to execute Illustrator.exe I get the following lines:

Code:
    fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation 0x110000 0 0x32fd90 4
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f704,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:ntdll:NtSetInformationToken unimplemented class 24
    fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
    fixme:advapi:SetNamedSecurityInfoW L"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Adobe\\Adobe PCD\\cache" 1 -2147483644 0x142b94 0x142ba0 0x142c80 (nil)
    fixme:advapi:SetNamedSecurityInfoW L"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Adobe\\Adobe PCD" 1 -2147483644 0x142c34 0x142c40 0x142d20 (nil)
    fixme:advapi:SetNamedSecurityInfoW L"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Adobe\\Adobe PCD\\cache" 1 -2147483644 0x142c5c 0x142c68 0x142d48 (nil)
    Any ideas?

Thanks.

-Quixote

dino99 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Is there a bug report posted on winehq/bugzilla yet ?

Its nice to find such a thread but it should be better to improve next wine release.

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...ication&iId=17

http://bugs.winehq.org/buglist.cgi?b...uery_based_on=
    Last edited by dino99; December 11th, 2010 at 10:54 AM.

Beans
    Distro

I've just done this and experienced the same problem with odbc32.dll but running winecfg and setting odbc32.dll to native (not built in, native) seems to have cured the problem.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast