Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hawking HWUN3 USB Wireless Adapter

Beans

Exclamation Re: Hawking HWUN3 USB Wireless Adapter

I want to apologize for my late response but yes I tried what you said and it still will not connect. Remember that it sees the connection and ask for password which I do...I press connect and then it goes for about a minute or 2 and then it brings up that window with my network name and password field will all the black dots and I press connect again and it is one big loop. And yes I am putting in the right password.

Beans

Re: Hawking HWUN3 USB Wireless Adapter

Great Post! This worked for me as well. One quick note: disconnect any other wireless adapters before running the commands... maybe this goes without saying, but it did not for me. Once my other wireless card was disconnected it worked great. Thanks!

Beans

Exclamation Re: Hawking HWUN3 USB Wireless Adapter

Sorry for the long respond because I was using my neighbors internet (shhhhhh). Now that they moved I am back to square one.

The Hawking Wireless Adapter does detect my internet but will not connect to it. I think it is trying to connect with connection i believe 802.11n (which my wireless adapter has capabilities for). What it does is that it asks for the network password which I type in but then it "connects" for about 1 minute then re-asks
    for the password which I am typing correctly.

Beans

I did everything as you said. Seems to be working perfectly fine but when i do:

Code:
    rhino@dev:~$ sudo rmmod -f rt2870sta && sudo modprobe rt2870sta
    I get:

Code:
    ERROR: Removing 'rt2870sta': Resource temporarily unavailable
    Is this something I should worry about? How can I fix it?

Beans

So I am still at the point where it does detect the network, but then when I put in the password it "loads" for a few minutes then re-asks for the password and never fully connects.

Beans

bonbeeno I'm not sure that my post will offer any kind of help but i have had problems with wpa2 keys especially with isp's that will remain nameless (actually i think i blamed the isp and just configured the router diff) but it was doing exactly what your saying never connecting fully, i changed the encryption from wpa/wpa2 to wpa and had no problems since then i realize its an old post and my reply i fear isnt much help but hey best i can tell ya buddy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12